This has really helped me get control of my frequent migraines. It works fairly quickly and I don't get any side effects - which is great because I can't use Imitrex due to terrible side effects, and using Excedrin works but it can cause rebound headaches or sometimes that's just too much caffeine. I also like Vicodin but it's too hard to get prescriptions for it due to the dependency factor, and ...

It used to work for my migraines, but has stopped. I also tend to get rebound headaches when using it, and it completely knocks me out.

DianaRoby | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
11/14/2019
Condition: Migraine Headache

I started taking Midrin decades ago. It was a miracle worker. When it was taken off the market, I was beyond upset. Hate taking Vicodin or getting shots at doctor's or er. Glad to know that it appears to be available in a generic version. Requesting from my doctor today.

Subarachnoid | 45-54 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
10/3/2019
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have been on the generic of Midrin for a number of years. Initially when I started taking it, I misunderstood the directions and took 2 every 4 hours! I would get dizzy and nauseous even thinking about taking it again and stopped taking it for awhile. The migraines bled through even when I was up to 800mg of Topanga so I knew I had to do something. My doctor put me back on the Midrin and it has been awesome ever since. I made sure I understood the directions and only take it when needed. I tried waiting to see if I could relax and get the h/a to go away but that is when it would get worse. I take it when the pain starts and typically the pain goes away within the hour. I can take it at work and drive, whatever I need to do but the best way is to take it and relax and sleep. I'm curious with the FDA for taking it off the market and have even written them about it. They told me it didn't show being effective for people and find were concerned about one of the ingredients. It has been around for so long that is ridiculous. People have to be careful how they use it as with any drug.Read More Read Less

DebEsparza | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/8/2019
Condition: Migraine Headache

This has been the only migraine medicine that works for me and now the FDA has ordered it off the market. I am devastated. I remember what my life was like before Midrin and how much pain I had. I am beyond upset.

Sharron | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
11/23/2018
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have taken this medication since I was 32, I am now 70 and feel it has been a miracle drug for me. I now use the generic as Midrin is no longer produced. Still as effective and it is ALWAYS in my purse to abort a migraine should one begin.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/24/2017
Condition: Migraine Headache

I've been using this med since I was a teenager and I'm 60 now. Best thing ever for migraine or serious tension headache. It's a shame that it's so expensive anymore. I've been told that is because only one drug manufacturer is making it these days. I tried other migraine preparations when Midrin was taken off the market for a while, and none of them worked as well as Midrin does.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/16/2017
Condition: Headache caused by Disorder of Cranial Blood Vessels
Jluda | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/22/2016
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have tried multiple meds for migraines. Both over the counter and RX. None of them worked (and one of them gave me an allergic reaction). This RX is a miracle drug. My directions are to take 2 at the onset of a migraine and one each hour up to 5 pills. I've NEVER had to take more than one. Migraine is always gone within 30 minutes.

Candee | 45-54 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
8/10/2016
Condition: Migraine Headache

I absolutely love this medication for my migraines. I can take one pill and feel relief within 20 minutes. No side effects of any kind. I can take it at work or home and it just gets rid of the pain. Best med I have ever had for migraines.

Anonymous | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/15/2015
Condition: Migraine Headache

My headaches usually take 5-6 Excedrin at once to make it go away. I felt that this med was a bit too weak for me. If the ache was a 5/5 then the meds lowered it to 4/5, while Excedrin works drastically 0/5 for me.

jim | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/16/2015
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have tried Topamax, cambia and fioricet but Midrin just works.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/24/2015
Condition: Migraine Headache

I had migraines for years before my doctor ordered isometh/APAP/dichloride. Now if I take 2 capsules as soon as a headache starts, it nips it in the bud usually. If not, I take them as indicated, usually no more than 4 in a day. And I do not have them nearly as frequently as I use to. I have known for sometime that Midrin was off the market; the one under this name is not the generic of Midrin as I thought, according to 2 pharmacies, but "quite similar to the generic that used to be available for Midrin." It is expensive, from $475 at our Walmart to $600+ at Walgreens. I got my last Rx for it for $500 cash, and with my AARP United Health Care RX plan it took it down to $268 for 120 capsules. Shop around before you get them. My mail-in plan Optimum Rx does not carry it in their formulary. I does not make me sleepy but usually I am at home when I take them. Read More Read Less

Dave D. | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/23/2015
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have had migraine headaches since I was 18 years old, 50 years now. For years nothing helped and I suffered greatly. About 20-25 years ago a doctor prescribed Midrin for me, which he suggested I take along with Fiorinal. That combination has totally solved my migraines, especially if taken as soon as I sense symptoms coming on. I am appalled that my pharmacy has just told me it is no longer on the market. I will immediately be looking for a source or a substitute.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/11/2015
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have tried the newer medicines because my insurance and doctors wanted me too. Midrin is the only thing that makes my migraines better and takes the pain away and gives me my life back. I hate they took it off the market for a while but my pharmacy got it back and I am getting my life back.

Hakuhyou | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
10/7/2014
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have had migraine medicines since I was in high school. Motrin did not work to stop them, so my doctor prescribed me this. It knocks me out almost immediately, and I am asleep for quite a few hours. When I do wake up, I'm pretty stoned, and hungry, as well. But my headache is completely gone. I can also feel that my muscles have relaxed, and I am not tense about ANYTHING at all. I would not suggest using this while operating heavy machinery, or while driving some form of transportation (a car, a bike, a skateboard, et cetera). I would also suggest to take the day off of work, if possible, after taking this- because you're going to be tired for a looooong time.Read More Read Less

JustMe | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/11/2014
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have suffered from migraines for over 10 years. Before taking Isometh I would be in terrible pain that would last for days. I was prescribed Isometh in 2009. It has been nothing short of great. One thing I would highly suggest is this if you decide to take Isometh please....please DO NOT make any attempt to drive. I have almost been involved in a car accident after taking Isometh and trying to drive. This was because I began to fall asleep at the wheel. Also make sure you can devote at least 8 hours of sleep after taking Isometh. As you can see it will make you very drowsy. Upon waking up you will feel great. This is the first medication that has actually worked for me. Before Isometh all OTC migraine medications were as effective as eating a bag of Skittles. If Isometh isn't for you just find a migraine medication that is. Don't punish yourself by not finding a migraine medication that is effective for you. Take care.Read More Read Less

April | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/8/2014
Condition: Migraine Headache

There are times that the medication helps. If he Migraine begins in my eyes, the medication does not work as well.

Stella | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
11/28/2012
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have been taking Midrin for 40 years and it is the only thing that has ever helped me. I hear rumors that they are taking it off the market. I do not want to try to take something mew especially since you hear the side effects of the newer drugs. I quickly ordered a scrpit and go it for as many as I could get. My headaches were at their worst when I was in my child bearing years. Since menopause I have way fewer but still get them occasionally and they are still just as bad. Hope they do not stop manufacturing Midrin.Read More Read Less

IrishEyes | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/26/2012
Condition: Migraine Headache

Migraines used to lay me up for 2-3 days. When my doctor prescribed Midrin, I got my life back. My first symptom is usually loss of periferal vision. As soon as that happens, I take my prescribed dose, lay down in a dark room, nap for 2-4 hours and I am near perfect again. When I have to wait to take the Midrin(not at home, have to p/u kids from school etc.), or I wake up with the migraine, I take the Midrin and stay in a dark, quiet room until the next dose. Migraine is either gone or greatly reduced in 6-8 hours. Which beats hell out of 2 days!Read More Read Less

down4fun | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/3/2012
Condition: Migraine Headache

Same thing happened to me, went to refill n was told they were discontinued, I recently went to the doctor, n I was told they were back, so I took my prescription to walmart and got it filled.

dnrshaw | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/22/2012
Condition: Migraine Headache

I started taking this medication just a few days ago. I've had a migraine for 7 days. Although this has taken the edge off, it hasn't fully worked because my migraine had already started. I'm hoping it will work in the future. I've tried a few other medications and nothing has worked. I'm ready to even try botox! One side effect that it says is severe, is dark stools. Has anyone else experienced this? I am also taking an antibiotic for a UTI and something called Omerprazole, which I couldn't find anything saying those would affect the stools. I'm not really sure what it going on, but I am terrified I am overloading my system and its starting to effect my liver. If anyone could help or give insight, that would be great! Read More Read Less