I use half a dose daily and have been very satisfied with the results as far as preventing vaginal dryness and hot flashes.

Do NOT use synthetic estrogens. It is very bad for your health...just look around the www. Did you know it is actually made of horse urine?! Use plant-derived estrogens...its also more natural for you.

Dee | 45-54 | Nonbinary | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
11/11/2021
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

On one pump a day sleeping like a baby but brain fog and agitation very extreme so going to stop. I'm also on evorel patches

Helen | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/25/2021
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

I experienced pins and needles down my arms to my hands and numb hands at night. Also felt heart racing. Had stopped using

Fiona | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/14/2021
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

Ignore the people saying this is synthetic. This is a bioidentical product made from yams and soy. It also won’t make you gain weight. If your levels of this hormone are too low then you will gain weight. In the U.K. where I am starting dose is 2 pumps which is working well for me with night sweats, moodiness, aching joints and lack of energy all sorted. We can take up to 4 pumps a day here if needed. I’d argue that you aren’t using enough over there. I’m also on bioidentical progesterone at night which helps me sleep. Look up The Menopause Doctor in the U.K. Her website and app give fantastic advice based on real research and science. This medication has changed my lifeRead More Read Less

Julie | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/20/2021

Didn’t want to take tablets worked great after 6 weeks only down side is it causes bloating

Cubancutie | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/21/2016
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

Definitely controls hot flashes, 1 pump at night. I was having a lot of hot flashes but now only have one per night now. Honestly haven't had any side effects with it.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
10/12/2015
Condition: Wasting of Tissues of the Vulva

After 6 weeks I have gained almost 10lbs. without any changes to caloric intake or workout routine. I have not noticed a significant change in vaginal wall thickness which was my primary reason for starting this hormone replacement therapy after having a hysterectomy a year ago. I am stopping this treatment today.

mel | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/5/2015
Condition: Low Estrogen After Operation to Remove Ovaries

this gel let us know i needed more estrogen however, it does not last 24 hours. this causes a roller coaster effect. glad I do not have to use this on a regular basis

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/13/2014
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

This is a very low dose treatment of bioidentical estrogen. The pump contains 30 pumps per month which gives about 30 pg/ml in the bloodstream if you do 1 pump a day. In the UK the dosage is 2-4 pumps per day. Here in the USA, it is usually written for 1 pump on the arm once a day. Very expensive ($100 a container) and very weak. If you have only mild hot flashes this may be enough for you. I find that it does not last 24 hours.

Carla | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/11/2013
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

Estrogel has worked very well for me. The hot flashes, vaginal dryness and overall moodiness have improved greatly. The only adverse symptom I've felt is a slight itching on my arm when applied but that goes away within the hour.

Little c | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/7/2013

I was born with no ovaries so need HRT. I have been on Estrogel for at least 15 years (with prometrium). I am only now experiencing some irregular bleeding. After many HRT Therapies this is excellent! Re the comment concerning HRT containing horse urine - true for premarin but Estrogel is Estrodial, a natural ingredient, so doesn't apply.

chandy | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/12/2011

Lina | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/16/2011

My DR thought this may help my sex drive. It hasn't done anything for that. Using this as directed, I have developed large brown spots on my arms and thighs. They look like age or liver spots! Its very ugly! I am going to ask my dr to change my Rx or I will stop using this.

sarah | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/30/2008
Condition: Low Estrogen After Operation to Remove Ovaries

heart racing and higher blood pressure

flibby211 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/25/2008

I have used estrogel together w/estroven (OTC)since my complete hystorectomy at the age of 33. Together they work very well controlling the night sweats and mood swings. The Hot Flashes although mild most of the time, do not go away! Without this medication the Hot Flashes and Night Sweats were simply unbearable.

care | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
6/26/2008

Shelby66 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/21/2007
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

This medication worked for my menopausal symptoms. Unfortunately, for the first time in my life I have developed a deep vein blood clot in my left calf. So yes it does work. But only if you are willing to risk the serious side effects.