I have been using Altace for a few years. It worked on bringing my BP down to a safe level. I was at the low end of high. After reading the other reviews, I now believe that the itching I have on my lower legs may be a side effect. I take a Zyrtec once every 4-5 days and stops the itching. I also have the dry cough mostly at night. I also have decreased sexual desire(I'm 43) but I don't see this m...

kermit148 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
8/12/2015
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I had high blood pressure - 160/90. after taking this a week my pressure dropped to 60/40. called 911, almost fainted, they stuck an iv in my arm and rushed me to the hospital. needless to say I'm not taking this medication anymore.

makinit | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/22/2014
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I have taken this drug for over 10 years, I have had no side effects with Altace, however the Generic drug has caused side effects that were clearly from the Generic. The insurance company did not want to approve the Name Brand for some time but I continued to fight for the Name Brand which finally was approved but I have to pay a steep deductible for it.

jack | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/4/2013
Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/4/2013
Condition: High Blood Pressure

no known problems. seems to have helped lower b/p along with Bisoprolol. uriinating often though. Could these cause this??

Anonymous |