Maggie | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/28/2011
Condition: Irritable Colon

It stopped the pain and helped the bloating considerably ..and regulating my bowls,which had become a real problem. I would recommend it.

butterflies | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
2/3/2011

I have a spastic colon and IBS and it is the best medication I would recommend for either! I take it 4 times a day and don't have to suffer through the stomach pains/spasms!!

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/9/2011

I have ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis & gallbladder issues. I have been taking Bentyl off & on for about 6mos. It has saved my life! I am back in college full-time, able to run my home & care for my children & husband once again!The pain stops within 10 min. upon takin Bentyl. At first, it did make my chesy hurt in the right side. I panicked and went to the e.r. The actual cause was since the bentyl stops the spasms, sometimes gas builds up and moves to my chest. It also made my heart pound hard at first, but all of those side effects have subsided and I feel amazing! For the most part, I eat a soft diet like yogurt, chicken noodle soup, rice with boullian cubes and okra. However, we can pick up take out or meet for lunch at a restaurant and I can actually eat b/c I know that my bentyl with keep me from going into gut wrenching pain! I reccommend this for ANYONE who suffers gastric or digestive pain!Read More Read Less

Review Bentyl | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/12/2010
Condition: Irritable Colon

Because I was unable to get the medication that I had been using for the Spastic Colon, my doctor askd me to try Bentyl. After a couple days of taking the medication my vision became blurry and my eyes begin to hurt. Got off the medication and my vision cleared up. My eyes are still sensitive but the vision has been cleared up. Will never take the medication again.

sorefromshot | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/13/2010

my arms neck and back have pain since the shot balance is off and hard to sleep with pain

Anonymous | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
9/2/2010
BENTYL | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/3/2010
Mollie1107 | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
11/3/2009
Condition: Irritable Colon

I have taken Bentyl off and on for 50 years. I have a very sensitive bowel. Spasams, pain ets. For reasons that I nor my doctor can determine exactly, My bowel has spasms 24/7. Since I can remember I have had bowel/stomach progblems. I have taken many anti-cholinergic drugs. But only the Bentyl works for me. My bowel spasms have gotten worse as I get older. And the spasms have traveled down into both legs and feet. The pain at times has been very bad. My doctor has prescribed literally every drug on the market for me. Nothing works except the Bentyl. For me it works.It has no doubt saved my life. I can't imagine what my life would be like were it not for Bentyl. I understand it is an old drug and very safe. Thank God for Bentyl. It does not cure my spastic bowel but it sure does make it a whole lot better. I highly recomment this drug to people with bowel problems. I am also milk/lactose intolerant. I do not use dairy products period...I consider them my enemy.BVH Near Atlanta, Ga Read More Read Less

breebree | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/16/2009

Mad me sleepy

[email protected] | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/10/2008

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease and for one year I suffered with severe pain until my diagnoses, diet change and the Bentyl. I went from 140 lbs to 100 lbs in 6 months!! I had actually QUIT eating. Now I'm healthy and and I no longer have pin my clothes up to keep them from falling :)

[email protected] | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/13/2008

i know it is for colon purposes, only i have been using it for lower and upper back pain, in which does not last long enough. wondering what else the use of this drug uses only because i hurt so bad and will i be getting the medication tomarrow? if not cancel. thank you sherri clark, one more thing, if you have to cancel for non-deliver, i am requesting my fee to be reimbursed. thanks

ptvelcro | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/21/2008

I experienced upset stomach, nausea and headaches

JOSHSKORN | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/27/2007
Condition: Irritable Colon

I was given an injection of Bentyl as a result of diarrhea caused by Zyvox Oral. It did nothing for me, except made me break out in rashes all over my body. The doctor had to immediately give me a shot of Decadron to reverse the rashes.