Just started this medication this week for a current sinus/bronchial infection. Used it before with great results! Just a note: eat 2 yogurts a day while on ANY antibiotic!! one in am-one in pm. Antibioics kill ALL bacteria including the 'good' bacteria that lives in the intestines/stomach. This leads to diarrhea, cramping, etc. Choose yogurt with 'live bacteria cultures' and eat 2 x a day until ...

i took this medication before finding out i was pregnant with my son in 1998. he was born with congenital heart disease, has had 3 open heart surgeries, is autistic, has a seizure disorder and many other health issues. DO NOT take this medication if you think you might be pregnant!

Birdy | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/11/2020
Condition: infection caused by bacteria

Started to feel better within 24 hours of first dose. Been having vivid dreams. Maybe I’m just sleeping better now that I’m healthy. I get a bad taste in my mouth at night but it’s really no big deal. I was warned about diarrhea but I’ve been fine and I haven’t done anything special other than take it with food.

Olâ?? shuffler | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/20/2019
Condition: Strep Throat and Tonsillitis

Prescribed for me for strep, as Iâ??m allergic to penicillin. Definitely have the usual side effects: terrible taste in mouth, diarrhea, weird dreams. Most troubling is my incredible neck pain and stiffness; I also have muscle pain in left scapula, right knee, and right IT band. I am shuffling around like a 90 year old with crippling arthritis. Husband wants me to go back to the doc, but if I do theyâ??ll probably give me a broad-spectrum antibiotic, which can really do some long-term damage. Letâ??s hope all these symptoms go away when Iâ??ve finished the pills!

Rerosie67ny | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/31/2018
Condition: Bacterial Pneumonia caused by Haemophilus Influenzae

Just a comment to other commenters about the metallic taste- my doctor told me to take the pill with root beer and you won't have the metallic taste in your mouth all the time. It worked for me!

Jacqueline | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/28/2017
Condition: Bacterial Infection with Bronchitis

4th day on Biaxin XL 1000mg/day for bronchitis (couldn't breathe in for a week without coughing). I felt better by the 3rd day, my cough is almost completely resolved. Side effects are mostly mild, stomach cramping and loose stools, no real appetite and slight restlessness. The metallic taste is severe though. I have it all day long no matter how long it's been since I've taken it, it started the first day. I don't notice it when eating and my voice has finally come back, so it's a good trade-off for only 10 days.

saturnine | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/22/2016
Condition: Inflammation of the Stomach Lining caused by H. Pylori

I am on 500 mg twice a day. I haven't experienced the metallic taste in the mouth as many others have. The biggest side effect I notice is nausea and gastric upset, but these symptoms are stronger than any other antibiotic I've taken. I am looking forward to the day (about a week to go) that I am done with the course of this med.