I have been taking this medication with no side effects for 15 years 15 2X daily. Since starting this medication I no longer wait fot the sky to Fall. I have just increased my dosage but have no interest in taking another medication. This medication truly gave my life back to me.

I cannot understand that people benefit from yhis drug for anxiety it is like becksthegazza sais the mosthorrible drug ever inventid if you are not anxious you will become it if you take it and if you have a history of drugabuse they(Docters) rather let you commit suicide then prescibe you benzodiazepines the only drug that realy helps with anxietyproblems they even said that if I wanted benzo's I...

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/11/2022
Condition: Anxious

I have read all of the reviews of this medication. It worked very well for me. I started at 2.5mg twice a day and slowly moved up to 5.0mg in am and 2.5mg in the PM. I broke into a rash with horrible GERD the day I went to 5.0mg which was on my 7th day. It worked very well for my anxiety overall but I had an allergic reaction to it. So very disappointing. I really wanted it to work with my body but I have had bad reactions to Lexapro, Effactor, Propanlol, and Zoloft.

Cary | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/2/2022
Condition: Anxious

I suffer from general anxiety disorder and for the past 15 years I’ve misused alcohol and Valium (and then Xanax as well). It got to a breaking point where I was forgetting what I was doing. I quit drinking back in August 2019. I was doing good and then COVID hit and my Valium intake quadrupled. Then I was buying black market European Xanax on the Internet which was terrible. I was getting worse and worse. Finally, I decided to get help. My physiatrist is tapering me off the Valium and I’ve been on Buspar for four months. I am going through side affects of years of benzo abuse but I can promise you that if you give this medicine 4-5 weeks, you will feel calmer. It’s not a quick fix all though… it works best if you work with a therapist to work on coping techniques when you feel stress (yoga, hiking, mediation) along with this medicine. The only thing is it does give you some slight sinus pressure feeling headache (tolerable) and can make you feel a little night sweat during the first half hour after taking it. I take 15mg before bed and 15mg in the early morning (on an empty stomach). My doctor might increase dosage as I’m tapering further off the Valium (max is 60mg a day). I hope this review helps.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/1/2022
Condition: Anxious

Like many of you, I was terrified to start any type of anti-anxiety medication. I am a healthy 32 year old male who is ambitious, self-motivated and successful. I workout, meditate, eat well, etc, but I have terrible anxiety about even taking any type of medication. I've had panic attacks and general anxiety for 10 years and enough was enough. I made the decision to try Buspar and I do not regret it. Start with a small dose and ramp up if you need it. I take 5MG 2X/day. The medication will work and side effects will be worse in the first 1-2 weeks but do not worry, they are manageable for most and will go away. I wish you peace, love and positivity in your journey to recovery. Read More Read Less

Lauren | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/11/2021
Condition: Anxious

I started taking this medication because I have the worst social anxiety. It comes and goes when it wants to. I started taking this 20mg a day taking 10mg in the morning and 10 mg at night. 30 mins after I took the Buspar I would get so dizzy I would have to lay down. I thought the side effects would subside after 2 weeks but it was the same. It made me super sleepy all the time. I fell asleep easier at night because my insomnia came from my racing thoughts and the Buspar helped with that. It may have been a placebo but I thought it was working. After the 4-6 week mark, I became so depressed I wouldn't leave my room all day or do any of my homework. I also would cry for no reason. I quit the medication cold turkey and I haven't had any withdrawal symptoms so far. It works for some people but it did not work for me. Xanax usually works for me but I didn't want to be on Xanax long term so I was trying to find a different option. After I quit the busbar I felt more productive and motivated to do regular things.Read More Read Less

KeepTheFaith | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/4/2021
Condition: Anxious

So, I had been on antidepressents for anxiety on and off for 20 years, they only helped slightly. I have general anxiety and panic disorder. I hadn't been on anything for years other than lorazepam as needed. I decided to go on buspar. That's when my life became a living hell. I was on it for four weeks because I really hoped it would work. I was on 5 mg twice a day for a couple of weeks and then 7.5. Everytime during dosage I would get dizzy and body woozy and week. After 10 days it looked like anxiety was improving. But, I had the worst panic attack of my life and had such intense depersonalisation it was scary. A few days later another major panic attack that left me trembling for four hours. After that for 2 day I was crying and felt such intense emotional pain as if I lost someone. I had constant nervousness. This was a nightmare for me. Hell on Earth!Read More Read Less

Lee | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/1/2021
Condition: Anxious

Side effects headaches,nervousness, sweating hot feeling, sick to my stomach, diarrhea. Wish I would have never been on this.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/11/2021
Condition: Anxious

Buspar made me feel like I had the flu. Constant headache around the eyes, achy, fatigue, and brain fog.

Sandra c. | 3-6 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/8/2021
Condition: Anxious

It doesnt stop anxiety at all

Harv81 | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
10/23/2021
Condition: Anxious

I love buspar. I have only taken this drug for anxiety so I have no other medication to compare it to. I know I have live my life with a constant worry of “what if’s” or felt the self induced pressure of being consumed with overthinking. I have lived with it so long that I just assumed everyone did the same. A coworker recognized herself in my loop of what if’s and suggested I seek medication. As a black woman we are not raised to acknowledge needing help in a mental capacity, so I brushed her off. When I went to my gyno appointment he asked if I had anxiety and prescribed me buspar. I was nervous and secretive about filling the prescription. After 3 days of taking 7.5mg 2x a day, I felt AMAZING! I was no longer caught on a loop. The loop was still there but, for some reason I was able to recognize that the loop only exists if I feed the loop. I felt like a literal cloud had been removed from my brain. I still get anxious, but I can recognize it and not live in it. I don’t live in a state of always overthinking and simultaneously getting overwhelmed from the overthinking. For me, removing the fog or the loop in my mind has been life changing. I didn’t realize how much the loop had stole from me. So I love this medication Read More Read Less

Jessy | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
10/22/2021
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

This med has helped a lot during periods etc. I was just taking cbd oil and now I don’t even have to take that because of this drug. I do have my moments when something is severe going on in my life. But this drug is not a cure all.It is not supposed to heal your anxiety by it’s self. You have to go to a good therapist and get your life together, not hang out with bad people etc. But it does what it’s suppose to and that’s all that matters.

Astro | 25-34 | Transgender | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
10/12/2021
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

This medication gave me hope. I’ve been taking buspar 10mg/2xday for almost 6months. Before being prescribed, my anxiety was to the point where I couldn’t leave my home without a panic attack and being soaked from nervous sweating. After 3 weeks I began noticing the lack of impending doom with simple errands outside the house. I still get anxiety in public but it’s much more manageable. I still have bad days, but the panic attacks are far and few in between.

Edith | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/7/2021

It was prescribed to treat IBS- intestinal pain... my GI specialist was aware of my history of anxiety and PTSD, but still prescribed it. I had horrible panic attacks.

Leigh fox | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/27/2021
Condition: Anxious

I hated this... I have just switched medication. I have terrible anxiety. This made it worse. Plus I could only take it at home. It makes me feel like I took Xanax. I was on 15mg. I would even half it. Never again.

Wyoming | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/21/2021
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

I was taken off Zoloft because it made me extremely suicidal, and now I am so happy that I switched to BuSpar. I am so relieved from the most dreadful symptoms of my anxiety disorder. One surprising side effect of this medication, the skyrocketing of my libido. Not only was it raised from any normal level than I have ever experienced, but it was also exponentially higher than it had been while I was on Zoloft (It was nearly impossible for me to get "in the mood" while on that medication, so the difference was extreme, to say the least). I do forget doses here and there because I have to take it twice a day (10 mg twice daily). But overall, I am so glad I am on this medication.Read More Read Less

Nope! | 35-44 | Other | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/17/2021
Condition: Anxious

Nightmare!!! A week in and I began to disassociate. I was losing hours and days! My employer voiced concern for my mental health and asked me to take some time off. I ended up being out of work for a month! I experienced hallucinations (auditory and visual), insomnia, loss of appetite. It took a full week of being off buspar before I could even say I was beginning to feel even remotely like myself again.

Summer | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/24/2021
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

Actually did work for the first few days of taking it. I felt great, felt like all of my anxious thoughts were silenced, but then it just... stopped working. Instead of continuing to work, it gave me horrible dizzy spells throughout the day, sometimes to the point where I felt like I could pass out. Never did, but it scared me quite a bit. I realize everyone reacts differently but this was my experience. Not good long term.

Buspirone | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/28/2021
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

I'm on a low dose 10mg, I have to split it in half and take half in the morning and half before bed. My heart felt like it was going to explode. The meds ease it a bit. I tried going up on mg but made me feel worse so we stayed the same. I don't get any sleepy side effects in fact its the opposite my sleep is worse than before. I've been on this for a year I'm going to go off of it. It's not for me.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/25/2021
Condition: Anxious

I have been diagnosed with Bipolar 1 disorder which through a lot of hard work have been able to keep relatively under control during covid. My generalized anxiety disorder on the other hand has been extremely severe over the past year or so. I think the wait for this drug to kick in is worth it. It took about three weeks for me to notice my irritability, almost constant thoughts of impending doom, and extreme hypervigilance to come down a few notches. I am happy with Buspirone overall as a default anxiety med. I take 15 mg 3 times a day. The frequency of dosing is a bit of a nuisance, I must admit. I take Lorazepam if things get really unmanageable. I will admit that benzodiazepines and antipsychotics and mood stabilizers are more potent for anxiety, but I don't feel safe taking those on a routine basis. Read More Read Less

Violet | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/9/2021
Condition: Anxious

This medication has helped with my anxiety tremendously. I have been lucky to not have any side effects from it.

Pattyann | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/21/2020
Condition: Anxious

Works for anxiety, not as well as Benzos. I feel relaxed in my head, but my body is still tense. I am gaining weight on this drug, so it looks like it is a deal breaker for me. I am already overweight due to antidepressant use in the past.