I'am on my 14th cycle,5 days consecutive hip injections (200 mg.) daily,then 4 weeks no injections.Side effects can be tolerated.I was diagnosed with MDS in 1998,low red blood cell counts is my main problem at present.I have had approximately 50 units of red packed cells.I have been transfusion independent for 12 mths.on Vidazza.

Having cramps, frequently, and gaining weight. Is this from the Vidaza?

Buckeye6165 | 75 or over | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/6/2019
Condition: Bone Marrow Disorders Occurring Before Leukemia

Diagnosed in 2/17 with MDS. On Vidaza for over two years! Over 240 injections in the stomach...24 injections for nausea in the hand and over 100 blood tests with no ill effects! Caught twice with my platelets down and needed a transfusion! Everyone is different...feeling fine at 75!

queenie73722 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/17/2017
Condition: Bone Marrow Disorders Occurring Before Leukemia

I tried this medication while it was going through the clinical trials. There was 31 of us on the trial. My bone marrow function went from 50% to 20% with one cycle. I was removed from the trial and send start to having a stem cell transplant. I thought I was going to die taking this medication. I have had 2 stem cell tranplants to date and I have been in remission for 7 yrs now.

steven | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/23/2017
Condition: Type of Leukemia - Acute Myeloid Leukemia

diagnosed with amml 2015 - Jan 2016 given 5-8month life expectancy - complete my 10th cycle today! 3 month s ago placed on a 5 week cycle - have 190mg per day over 7 days. During injections experience nausea, dry reaching, headaches - some constipation due to nausea medication - some control with prunes & coloxyl & senna . 2-3 days after injections finish improvement in general well being headache rarer, nausea less - to the point where 1 week after injections have returned to some sort of normality - even allowing a 12 day fly/drive/van tour of central Australia in November 2016. Then the grind starts again!!!!!! Have to remember the good days to get through the bad ones!

Julian | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/4/2015
Condition: Bone Marrow Disorders Occurring Before Leukemia

I had low blood counts: WBC and ANC; RBC and hemoglobin, and platelets. Mild nausea after first dose of first cycle. I have only had one cycle and the drug is not producing results yet.

Anonymous | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient