My doctor gave me this treatment for a sinus/upper respiratory infection, in lieu of my usual treatment -- Z-Pak. I had an extremely toxic reaction to this drug, akin to a very bad case of food poisoning. I almost went to the emergency room, because I thought I might be dying. Bad diahrrhea and nausea (at the same time) broke out in a cold sweat with chills and fever-like symptoms, felt dizzy like I might pass out. Happily my bed was less than 10 feet away from my bathroom. I felt like I had been seriously poisoned. Took several days for my intestines and digestive system to recover. This happened on the second day of treatment and I stopped treatment, immediatel after this toxic reaction. I would not recommend this drug to anyone. IF Z-Pac works -- with no side effects, stick with that.Read More Read Less
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT USER-GENERATED CONTENT ON WEBMD
The opinions expressed in WebMD User-generated content areas like communities, reviews, ratings, or blogs are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions.