I didn't like this contraceptive at all. I had vaginal discomfort and it hurt me to have sex. I am currently on it and I am now constantly depressed and have had suicidal thoughts. It made my period alot heavier then normal. Overall I didn't like the drug, I don't think that it's right for me at all.

NIGHTMARE, i asked my doctor to give me a version of yaz and instead she gave me a generic version of Desogen. Turns out im highly allergic to a chemical in the pills. I have a worst rash I've ever seen... theres hundreds of water blisters ALL over me, and it hurts to swallow. Please dont take this!!!

Julie | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/1/2013

My doctor prescribe Solia because i have irregular period cycles. I hate it already! I couldn't enjoy the holidays because I was so depressed all the time, I have no sex drive at all. My skin color is turning yellow and I am breaking out more often than usual and my appetite has increase. I am having a really bad experience similar to the other comments. I am going to stop taking it and find another bc. Thank you for all the other comments posted.

kskye515520 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/7/2011

I started taking Solia after my previous birth control was discontinued. I was really nervous because I had a horrible experience with Yaz and the birth control that was discontinued was finally a fit for my body, so here I was about to try another kind of birth control and I was terrified of having bad side effects like I did with Yaz. Solia was PERFECT. I was on Solia for about 3 yrs. before I stopped Feb. 2010 because I was not having sex and the fact that I thought my body needed a break from being on birth control for 5 yrs. My overall experience was a great one. I had no weight gain, sex-drive loss, nausea ... anything. I didn't realize how wonderful my skin was until after I got off Solia and my face started to have random breakouts. It wasn't until I goggled Solia that I found it treated acne as well (added bonus). I am now 2 yrs. off birth control and will be going to the doctor today to get a prescription for "Solia". I am very excited. Everyone reacts differently to different hormones and the levels they are administered. You will not know how your body will react until you try it. :)

poopef | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/18/2011

im a fatass bitch now always bloated

xoxsunshine | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/14/2011

I was on Solia for a little over a year. It was great for my skin and caused no weight gain, periods were on time, never ever got pregnant. However I suffer from vulvar vestibulitis and am not sure if it is from the pill or not...After a while this pill caused a sharp pain in my chest and made me extremely dry in my vagina. The worst part is I had ZERO sex drive!!! none, at all!! I am 20 so that is extremely abnormal. I am switching to Yaz and hope that works for me.

Cbreezy | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/21/2011

I've been taking solia for 4 months now and i like it...i dont know why but it seems as if i am losing weight, i dont know if its my new job and having to walk around all day but nonetheless this medication has regulated my period. I'm not really taking it for the birth control part just to regulate my period but i can kill two birds with one stone. I rate this medicine as good but everyone reacts to everything and anything differently