I live in a 3rd world country. I had abdominal pain and diarrhea. Positive test for amebas. Treated c Tinidazol. Negative follow up test

It didn't completely get rid of my infection. it came right back

GMS | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/5/2021
Condition: Infection that causes Diarrhea - Giardiasis

Second time taking this for giardia - first time in Africa, second in Mexico. Both times, worked quickly. First time, no side effects. Second time, awful metallic taste and some mild stomach cramping for a couple of hours. But stopped the diarrhea almost immediately, which was a big relief.

mm12131 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/1/2019
Condition: Vaginosis caused by Bacteria

Had the worst experience taking this medication, vomiting, diarrhea, severe body aches, stomach cramps, light headedness that went on for a few days. I ended up going to urgent care because I thought I had a bad reaction to the medication, they wrote it off as a stomach bug but I’m convinced it was this medication as others have had similar reactions. Didn’t finish it because I felt so terrible and went back to my doctor for something else. Would not recommend and would never take again.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/9/2019
Condition: Vaginosis caused by Bacteria

The meds definitely worked but the side effects were awful. I had diarrhea the first day and vomiting, diarrhea, stomach cramps, headaches, etc. for even about 4 days(length it stayed in system) after finishing my prescription.

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/26/2018
Condition: Vaginosis caused by Bacteria

Within hours of my first dose I was sick to my stomach and severe diarrhea. I took it after I ate, trying to avoid this. Will be calling tomorrow for something else.

Brownie | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/25/2018
Condition: Vaginosis caused by Bacteria

Took this as directed and only problem I had was the metal taste in my mouth. Was told to drink a lot of water. Medicine worked perfectly. Also had a rapid heartbeat

BJT | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/12/2017
Condition: Vaginosis caused by Bacteria

I had bad stomachache and diarreah the first day, now on day 2 and afraid to eat anything. :-/ I'm guessing the drug will clear things up, but not the best experience.

Nico | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/4/2017
Condition: Vaginosis caused by Bacteria

I took this medicine on a full stomach at night. I was fine all night, but have very bad taste in mouth and stomach feels queasy. It helps to know I only have one more day on this medicine.

flgirl87 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/21/2015
Condition: Vaginosis caused by Bacteria

I had a slight bad taste in my mouth for the two days I needed to take this.. a little loss of appetite but overall that was it. I was sure to take this with a full stomach first thing in the morning, avoided anything acidic and definitely did not drink any alcohol. I think my experience was a good one with this medication.

theandicakes | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/23/2015
Condition: Vaginosis caused by Bacteria

I had to stop taking this because it made me so sick. I've had a terrible migraine, dizziness, and vomiting . I will never take this medication again.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/18/2015
Condition: Infection that causes Diarrhea - Giardiasis

For Giardia, this medication is a wonderful blessing. USA doctors will prescribe 'Metronidazole' for Giardia, don't take it. Ask for Tinidazole! Within hours of a single dose this medication eradicates Giardia completely. Symptoms ease within 24hrs and back to normal within 48hrs. Only one side effect for the single dose treatment: metallic taste in your mouth for 12-24hrs.

Michael | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/18/2014

For the past few weeks I've had a cold. My girlfriend suggested I take tinidazole oral tables because they're antibiotics. At the time we were living in China and the medication didn't have any English labeling on the medicine's box. Also, I am a man. For the past few days I've taken tinidazole and have been rather unsatisfied with the results. Today I've been experiencing a metallic/bitter taste in my mouth and wanted to learn if it could be a side effect of the medication I'd been taking. After doing some research (which I should've done before I started taking the mediation) I learned that tinidazole is not used to treat the common cold. Also, that it's not for men. I didn't experience any diarrhea or nausea, but I am slightly embarrassed. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/11/2014
Condition: Vaginosis caused by Bacteria

Since starting this, I've has nausea, stomach cramps, vomiting and diarrhea. Thought it was a stomach bug, and since I couldn't keep it or any food down, I was off of it for two days. Got back on it this morning to finish my prescribed course and cramps and nausea have come back.

justryintahelp | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/1/2013
Condition: Infection caused by Trichomoniasis Protozoa

made me very sick to my stomach. I never felt worse. Everything I ate just kept coming back up. I couldn't even sleep.

Tina | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/13/2013
Condition: Infection that causes Diarrhea - Giardiasis

Dizziness, drowsy,dry mouth, spinning, head ache, nausea

38 year old mom | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/5/2013
Condition: Vaginosis caused by Bacteria

Severe nausea and headaches. I had a migraine headache and severe upset stomach the entire time.

Rekha | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient

Did not do the job.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/31/2012
Condition: Vaginosis caused by Bacteria

The medicine was effective however it made me really sick to my stomach. I ate like the doctor told me too but it just came back up. I have been extremely dizzy and light headed. Forgetfullness, and the worst migraine headache ever!

Anonymous | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient