I am being treated for irritable bowel syndrome with this drug. It has been used for IBS for only about 2 years and is working well.

Was given for IBS diarrhea. Save your time and your money. After researching on here I found out it is only good for Travelers diarrhea which is not my problem. At $800 a prescription I am very disappointed.

Justin Kai | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/10/2021

Took Rifaximin to treat SIBO. Felt fine while taking it towards the end had headaches and nausea. The headaches and nausea continued for many more weeks after and my stomach feels no better. I would only take if you really need it. The nausea is not worth it

Rob1350 | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/26/2020

I used this medication to treat my SIBO symptoms, which are chronic, unfortunately. This medication seems to just amplify my symptoms. I got increased gas pains, carried a mild headache, felt as if my bowls were not completely emptied, had waves of nauseas. I woke up on the 3rd day of taking this medication (550 mg. 3 times a day) at 5:00 am with stomach pain, came close to vomiting and was sweating. I realize this medication works for some, unfortunately I am unable to tolerate the side effects.

Eloise | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/23/2013
Condition: Traveler's Diarrhea

At first day of taking rifaximin,my td lessens,it's very effective

BBK62 | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/18/2013
Condition: Impaired Brain Function due to Liver Disease

Taking this to control toxins in blood such as Amonia due to N0n-Alcholic Cirossis. So far has been effective. Dr. says I will take on going.

woodworker779 | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/12/2012
Condition: Impaired Brain Function due to Liver Disease

The only negative with this medication is the very high price, 1906.00/month. If I don't have it, my confusion is worst.