I had C-Diff caused by taking antibotics prescribed for a sinus infection. It upset the balance of good vs. bad bacteria in my system. The bad bacteria took over my intestines, resulting in pain and explosive diarrhea. After a colonoscopy and other antibotic treatments for 3 months I was prescribed the Xifaxan. The symptoms started to clear within a week. I am on my last week of a 4 week prescri...

Overall this med is ok but I also found an over the counter med for IBS brand name TRP IBS (speller out) therapy. Homeopathic which is fast dissolving & may help if taken as soon as U notice symptoms returning for those small periods of upset

Mompin | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
5/16/2021
Condition: Diarrhea Predominant Irritable Colon

My husband just started on this medication. We got it through a Canadian pharmacy for a lot less than with "insurance" or any discount cards.

Brian | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
5/15/2021
Condition: Impaired Brain Function due to Liver Disease

I have been on Xifanan for 6 years and now unemployed and on COBRA. Has anyone found a way to get this medicine cheaper than $2,000.00? My insurance has a high deductible and Patient Assistance Program doesn't help. The deductible doesn't mean anything with a Tier 5 drug.

Big BEN | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
6/15/2020
Condition: Clostridium Difficile Bacteria Related Colitis

I suffered from bloating for more than 20 years off and on and also heartburn, constipation, bad breath, nasty farts, you name it. XIFAXAN with fiber and probiotic cured, as a result, my appetite increased. All symptoms disappeared

Zantana | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/22/2019

I have sibo/constipation. My GI thought I should try Linzess, after 5 days of it, I've had 1 1/2 months of constant round the clock diarrhea. Got a prescription of Xifaxan, no change. i eaten i box of Imodium and one of Pepto Bismol right along with this drug with no results. $660 down the toilet, literally.

GardenGnome | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/24/2019
Condition: Diarrhea Predominant Irritable Colon

After slowly getting worse for years, my IBS cleared after a few days of the 14 day treatment. My doctor recommended a Canadian pharmacy to get around price gouging in the U.S.