I don't like the side effects (constipation, achey muscles) but I'll put up with them because Vytorin works.

I just started with Vytorin 10 days ago, so I don't know what the results will be. But I am ready to throw it away; I have developed a horrible metalic taste in my mouth. It is so distracting, not only does it affect my appetite, but I spend the better part of the day trying to find ways to get rid of this taste. This, combined with a new allergy med have also created a very tired feeling, that...

Annie | 65-74 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/17/2015
Condition: Heterozygous Inherited High Blood Cholesterol

I have the gene for the high cholesteral. I took Lipitor 40 plus Zetia that took it from 300 down to about 220 but the muscle cramps and charley horses I could hardly walk. With the Vytorin I still have muscle aches but not as bad. Insurance company is giving me grief wanting me to change over to cheaper generic Zocor, but then I would have to get the Zetia seperately which has no generic. The Crestor with the Zetia did OK but that combination doubled the cost with two non-generic meds, at least with the Vytorin I only have the cost of one (Vytorin is Zetia and Zocor all in one). I hope one day they have something better, I know there are some new classes of drugs out there but the insurance will not pay for the newer once a month meds.

GA | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/15/2015
Condition: Combined High Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Level

Have been using Vytorin for years with no side effects. Works for me.

INEGY 10-40mg | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/20/2013
Condition: Combined High Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Level

I have no experience with this medicine this the first time because my Cholestrol 276 & Triglycende level 229

Mikee | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
2/18/2013
None | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
2/18/2013
Condition: High Cholesterol

OMG after 19 months and the last 12 or so under intense arthritis and muscle pain...how do I lknow this, I stopped taking it...now I feel like a fool as all my ortho docs thought I was nuts for having so many problems. So, comes to find out it was the medicine after all. I don't think I will ever take a statin drug again. I feel 10 times better since stopping the medicine!!!