This is honestly the worst drug anyone could ever take. I took 60mg of Duloxetine for over 5 years and had to come off it for surgery. I was initially prescribed it by a psychiatrist and left on it for so long because my GPs didn’t know what it was or what it did. Admittedly, it did the job and helped a lot with my depression and anxiety, but it wasn’t worth it for the withdrawal symptoms I suff...

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
11/2/2021
Condition: Chronic Muscle or Bone Pain

terrible

bluescat | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
10/16/2021
Condition: Anxiousness associated with Depression

This drug has been a miracle ! Have suffered 30+ years with suffocating anxiety and resulting depression; now, for the first time in years I feel alive. I still get afraid sometimes, but overall am able to enjoy life. I thank GOD my GP prescribed these ! Any other drugs just made me worse, and put on weight. These are a miracle. Wonderful !

Smiley?? | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/5/2021
Condition: Anxiousness associated with Depression

First week I wouldn’t recommend sitting idle during wake hours of the day. Would make me a little sleepy. After week one I noticed a difference in my anxiety and irritability. Mild weight gain. Weight gain stopped with higher dose.

T Barr | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/16/2021
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

This I only tried the doctor that gave it to me is a I just don't have the word. Anyway stay away from this drug, it is only something to mess with your brain, I have bad nerves but there's no need to mess with my mind.

CC | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/2/2021
Condition: Neuropathic Pain

This has given me my joy in life back. Chronic nerve and musculoskeletal pain for 20 years. This has taken my pain levels from daily 3-7 to 1-3. I want to do things again instead of going through the motions. Had to stick with it with some uncomfortable side effects that did go away after about a month. I never want to go off this. Works much better than the meloxicam I took for years. Although I was apprehensive to go on this medication, I now thank my neurologist for having me try it.

Rich | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/8/2021
Condition: Neuropathic Pain

cloudy head and sexual side effects are not worth it

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/19/2021
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

This was my third anti-depressant I have tried. That actually worked able to be a whole new person.I am able to stay out of bed.

Marlnel | 45-54 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/10/2020
Condition: Diabetic Complication causing Injury to some Body Nerves

I have been on Duloxetine since 2007 and gradually increased to 60 then 90 over the years. This pas Jan. 2020 I was weaned off to 60 then 30. In June2020 I ended up in the hospital with a sevear panic attack, Icould not breath, lots of anxity, could not sleep or sit still and the rooms was closing in on me. I wanted to kill myself. The ER would not give me anything for my attacks but my blood-work showed my serotonin was low making me feel this way. I was told to see my primary Dr for an anxiety medication. I never knew it was going to be so bad getting off of this drug.Read More Read Less

7cakuz | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/30/2020
Condition: Chronic Muscle or Bone Pain

Gained weight and noticed no difference in taking

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
7/3/2020
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

OK but not helping with sleep as much these days.

ken | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/9/2020
Condition: Neuropathic Pain

I haver been in pain for years and this drug is the only one that has given me a lot of releaf

sam | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/12/2020
Condition: Neuropathic Pain

Taking it for trigeminal neuralgia it's been a godsend for me

KT | 19-24 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/27/2019
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I took 30 mg for a couple, and then upped to 60 mg for about 6 months. It was the first time I have been relieved of my depression for 10 years. It also managed to help with some anxiety and my migraines! It did wonders for me, but I had to come off of it due to rather being depressed, I was bipolar. So the medication wasnt fit for the job. But what it did was great!

I tried. | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/6/2019
Condition: Neuropathic Pain

A lot of side effects. Blurry vision was worse than the others.

ohmy | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/21/2019
Condition: Neuropathic Pain

Took the first pill last night. I will not take another. The neuropathic pain event I had after taking the capsule was far worse than any neuropathic event that I have had. I felt like I was having a heart attack-fast heart beat, hard to breath...and my hands turned really red. Maybe an allergic reaction?

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/19/2019
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I've been taking this medication for two months and the improvement in my mood, level of pain, sleep, etc. has been amazing. I dread coming off of it as I see that withdrawal symptoms are terrible. I couldn't get off 20 mg. of Prozac without serious symptoms. Even knowing that there will be hell to pay if I have to come off of this, I feel so much better I am taking that risk. I hope it doesn't stop working.

msfiles | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/24/2019
Condition: Neuropathic Pain

I am very happy with the decreased pain in my feet. I have been on 30 mg a day and have experienced side effects. I have started having some tremors in my hands and I have had a number of sleepless nights. The side effects seem to be less now that I have been taking for more then a month.

Anonymous |
5/25/2019
Ray | 55-64 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/5/2019
Condition: Neuropathic Pain

Was prescribed for chronic back pain. Has been totally effective in the relief of my pain. My back has not felt this good in over a decade.

Retired old crazy cat lady | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/20/2019
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I suffer from osteoarthritis and major depressive disorder. After 11years on paxil, and having read the possible benefit of pain reduction, I asked doctor about changing. I stepped down from Paxil, while starting duloxetine on small dose then increasing as Paxil was phased out. It's like night and day! My depression is no longer controlling my life! I don't think there is any difference in pain control, but I hate to think how bad it would be without it. I believe my body had become immune to or adjusted to the Paxil so much that it was no longer effective. Other than some sweating at night, I have no side effects. I am a content person now and no longer dread social situations.Read More Read Less