I just started Cymbalta yesterday for the second time. Only reason I stopped taking it (about two years ago) was because of the cost but now it comes in generic. When I took it the first time I had a GREAT experience with it. Nothing works better for me than Cymbalta so when I heard it came out in generic form I was so happy and couldn't wait to get back on it. I have been dealing with depression/...

Unfortunately most medications are designed to make you take more medications. Remember a sick society is profitable to Insurance, Medical and Pharmaceutical Industry. If they were to cure you the world would over populate and a very large sector of the financial markets would collapse and destroy the world economy. An economic system based in Hegelian Dialect simply no longer works anymore. But l...

Jess | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/17/2022
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I was suffering from light and sound sensitivity as well as major depression. This medication just so happens to be the perfect fit for my biology. Thank god. Seriously felt miraculous. Effective within 30 min but took about 5 days to balance out. ??????????

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/9/2022
Condition: Chronic Muscle or Bone Pain

This medication changed my personality for the worse. Now I am trying to come off of it very slowly and so physically sick and severely depressed. Please don’t take this drug!

Mir | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month |
11/8/2022
Condition: Anxiousness associated with Depression

Day 7, I am waiting patiently for the effects to take place. Today I feel dizzy, cloudy minded, headache, flat mood, nausea. Other days I have felt almost euphoria feeling. Higher energy, calm, focused, happy, excited. I pray each day gets better. I'm also on 20 Lexapro. Only talking 20 cymbalta.

AmyT | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/22/2022
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

been taking 30 mg once a day 4 years....it was ok but i was still depressed with chronic pain...dr increased to 60 mg per day...omg! what a difference!

Robert | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/22/2022
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

Worked well for lifelong anxiety and depression. I’m free and my head is clear. Exercise is key for this med to be full effective.

KCdoe | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/20/2022
Condition: Chronic Muscle or Bone Pain

This drug has been a miracle drug for me! After a life-time of chronic pain (Fibro / Arthritis / Musculoskeletal pain ) that made me constantly exhausted and needing to bail out on activities I used to love - I feel practically “cured”! I can stand up out of bed and actually start walking immediately (no more creaking and stretching and gingerly trying to move) and I can fall asleep without shooting pains and writhing around trying to change positions to ease aches. I still after 2 years on this drug, lie still in bed and marvel at feeling NO pain! I’m 57 Female on 60 mg 1 time a day. Usual early beginning side effects (queasiness and tired) lasted a couple weeks. Pain was gone within a week. One day laying in bed reading - I had to put my book down and just marvel that I could feel zero pain. What an an incredible feeling after having chronic pain my whole life. Side effects are minimal for me: At first I was a bit tired, but without constantly fighting pain, I have SO much more energy!!! Don’t be afraid of all the negatives - many more people will hop on a review site to report negatives - There are so many of us out here who have literally been given our life back with this miracle drug!!! Read More Read Less

Lillou | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/17/2022
Condition: Neuropathic Pain

This stuff made me so ill, I am shocked it is legal. I gave it 2 solid weeks until it affected my liver and I couldn't pee without being catherterised. Not only that I started pooping blood (tmi I know) but I would rather be honest. After researching I found that this poison causes your GI tract to bleed, hence the blood. This stuff should be banned, as the long term side effects haven't even been fully investigated yet, and coming off it is as bad as heroin withdrawal. So to all those here who are saying to keep persevering with it I would just like to say.....Unless you are planning to take this rubbish for the rest of your life, good luck with the withdrawals when you finally try to come off it. If it helps Google "Duloxetine lawsuits".......You're welcome :)Read More Read Less

Gloria | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/4/2022
Condition: Chronic Muscle or Bone Pain

After 5 days at 20 mg daily, all in garbage. Diarrhea that won't stop and now muscles in legs are so hard and painful, cannot walk. No more antidepressants for me. I'm 74 and can't count how many I've been on since 1990. Cymbalta is not good at all.

C. | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/27/2022
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

I had random feelings of adrenaline and jaw pain/vertigo. I wasn't sure if anxiety or tmj was causing my vertigo. My Dr said I was having panic attacks and we both agreed to try cymbalta for possible underlying anxiety. Wow. I am willing to try new things, but I've never been on a medication like this before, and I reacted horribly. I only took one 20mg dose. Within hours, I became cold, shivering, nausea, and extreme sweating. I also had to pee every 20 minutes. I actually became dehydrated after drinking 120oz of water. I felt high and jittery. My appetite was completely gone (I'd chew my food, with no will to swallow the food) and my taste buds changed. I stopped immediately. But it's now 2-3 days since my only dose and I'm still awful. It comes in waves I'm pretty much bed ridden. I'm jittery, nauseated, tense all over, feel like I got hit by a truck. I understand these medicines have side effects and you have to "get used to it over time" but I would consider this to be a very very extreme medication. There's no way I could continue this. I feel like I would end up in the ER. I'm glad I tried it, because I know now I'm obviously not compatible with these meds. Horrible. Read More Read Less

Kate | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/23/2022
Condition: Chronic Muscle or Bone Pain

I was prescribed Cymbalta (Dytrex equivalent) a couple of years ago for my Rheumatoid Arthritis ( in conjunction with another medication for my RA). My Doctor said that Cymbalta is a very safe drug with very little side-effects; he didn’t mention anything about the withdrawal side-effects (I’m not sure if he really even knew the full extent of the withdrawal symptoms). Now, in 2022, my Arthritis is under control so I am happy to gradually wean off the Cymbalta. A couple of weeks into weaning off this medication, I was already going through hell, and I haven’t even taken it for a long period like some of the poor people who have commented in the last few years. I suffered from constant diarrhoea, nausea, dizziness, brain-zaps, sleeping problems. A few months further on into weaning off the Cymbalta, things were starting to get worse - I was getting constant ‘Hyperhidrosis’ (severe sweating of the heels, palms, underarms) - to the point that I was losing a lot of electrolytes in my body, and went to Emergency because I didn’t know what was wrong with me and why I wasn’t feeling better (I also had a viral cold at the same time, to complicate things more); I also realised that I was getting serious ‘Anxiety attacks’. As a normal thing, I just get a ‘little’ bit of anxiety at times, but Cymbalta has made everything so bad! I get anxiety attacks especially at night when I’m alone, I feel so scared to be alone by myself, I suddenly have an uncontrollable fear of death, fear of everything that threatens my safety and my life, I can’t even explain why I fear, I just feel that I fear, without even knowing what exactly it is that I fear, things are just so literally crazy! I don’t feel like I am myself, my head always feels so cloudy, unclear, fuzzy; I feel a deep sense of hopelessness, depression, lacking motivation in doing anything, even the things that I use to enjoy doing before; I have memory loss, I use to be a very alert and switched-on type of person, now not anymore. I feel my life has been ruined, and my good future has been prematurely taken away from me. I don’t know if this anxiety attack will ever go away entirely, I don’t know if I will ever have a normal life like I did pre-Cymbalta. I pray for all those who have and will suffer from this drug, and can only hope that eventually the withdrawal effects may miraculously taper off. If I knew how bad the withdrawal side-effects were, I would ‘NEVER’ have taken Cymbalta, I would have tried some other drug for my RA. The withdrawal symptoms are so bad that it’s not worth taking Cymbalta because in the process you will gain more serious problems, some of them may even last for a long time, whether they may be permanent, I do not know. It is my hope, for the sake of us all, that they are not permanent withdrawal effects, such as my very scary and debilitating and paralysing ‘anxiety attacks’. May we all help and support each other through this hellish journey. Read More Read Less

ammoody | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/22/2022
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

I started taking cymbalta for anxiety about a year and a half ago. Once I got past the initial symptoms after about 3 weeks it has helped me so much! I had tried several other medications in the past and cymbalta has been absolutely amazing!

Robert Mull | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/19/2022

After being prescribed Cymbalta for fibromyalgia pain, I took pill on 9/15/22 another on 9/17/22. The second night I began having painful urination which became progressively worse over the next two days. To add, I stopped taking the pills after the second one. The urine flow gradually got less and less with no control. On the fifth morning, unine flow was almost non existent. Had to go to the ER and have catheter put in to empty bladder. A very painful and sleepless experience.

DC | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/10/2022
Condition: Chronic Muscle or Bone Pain

Had fairly mild ongoing pain and occasional numbness in extremities and joints. Doctor insisted I try Cymbalta. In my experience, pain is much worse. I started taking Cymbalta three different times at 20mg 2xday. After a couple of days I felt kind of numb all over, which was concerning even though the pain relief was welcome. Then an increase in pain not only in "the usual" spots for me, but total body pain from head to toe. Everything hurts. And even though my doctor told me to continue the Cymbalta, that the "side effects" would lessen after 6 weeks, I couldn't stand the pain. I completely stopped taking it a months ago and I am still experiencing all-over pain especially in mid and upper back, left hip, and ongoing headaches that I wasn't having before. This is horrible. I wish I had never taken it. Nothing else was different in my life, all I did was take Cymbalta, and the pain started. What else could it be.Read More Read Less

Cherie C. | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/7/2022
Condition: Chronic Muscle or Bone Pain

I wanted to write a review as someone who has taken this medication for 6 months and actually given it a chance. I had lower back pain that varied between sharp and dull/aching most of the time. Advil and Flexeril only did so much. I started very small because I am sensitive to most meds. I'd take 10mg for a week and increase to 40mg after 2-3 weeks. I somehow have zero side effects now and the pain is like 95% gone! Amazing really. The only issue I had early on was indigestion which went away by taking it with food. So definitely give this one a try, at least for pain. It may help a ton! Read More Read Less

Simmy Balta | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/4/2022
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

Taking Cymbalta for years has made my depression go away. The other fantastic side effect is the easing of my osteoarthritis pain. The only situation it does not seem to conquer is anxiety. I need something to take when my husband is driving. My lack of control over the car shoots my blood pressure up for sure. He is a good driver, but I am overly anxious sometimes.

Mimi | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/2/2022
Condition: Neuropathic Pain

Did not help with the pain. I was severely nauseated the whole time I used this. After only 5 weeks I had to stop because I was constantly throwing up

Suanne | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/24/2022
Condition: Chronic Muscle or Bone Pain

The benefits are amazing. My lower back pain is 95% gone! The first week's side effects are off putting. But, hang in there. The benefits are worth it. I had nausea and anxiety for about a week. But, feel wonderful, now.

Marissa | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/23/2022
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

I am bipolar and was misdiagnosed as depressed and this is the worst medicine I have ever been on. This medicine stopped my period for 3-4 months (no I am not pregnant) and made me break out severely and made my manic episodes severely worse. I smashed my phone and have never felt more destructive and worse in my entire life. Maybe if you’re depressed this would work for you but for the love of god if you’re bipolar DONT TAKE THIS!!!

Donna | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/19/2022
Condition: Chronic Muscle or Bone Pain

My muscle/joint pain had become so severe I was willing to try anything. Since I also had anxiety and depression, probably linked with the pain, Cymbalta sounded like the perfect prescription. WRONG! I took it 2 days and had some nausea, stomach pain, headache (my whole head basically), and felt spaced out. On the third day (yesterday) I woke with severe paranoid anxiety like I haven't had in 20 years. I didn't take any more Cymbalta. Last night I barely slept and this morning woke again in this hell of dark anxiety. I don't know how long this will go on. My doctor said to keep taking it for at least 6 weeks and the side effects would eventually go away. No. I'd rather have pain, mild anxiety and depression AND A LIFE. As well as be able to sleep. I don't have 6 weeks to waste in hell, waiting to see if this medication actually helps.Read More Read Less

Poison | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/17/2022
Condition: Neuropathic Pain

Took 20mg at night before bed, spent the rest of the night getting gradually more dizzy and nauseous. Couldn't remain conscious for the following 24 hours for any great length of time. Nausea is persistent, stomach pain, and a feeling of being high or having a highly undesirable state of altered consciousness is still lingering. Dizzy. This might as well be poison. I've refused man made drugs my entire life because I've always known that side effects are often much worse than any potential benefit. If you want to suffer through the sickness just to become another chemically dependent zombie on this planet, that is on you. I will find natural remedies to deal with the nerve pain I live with. Read More Read Less