I had the most debilitating panic attacks! I started getting them at 23 yrs old. Beforehand, I didn't even know there was such a thing! I thought I was having a heart attack (other panic-disorder sufferers know what I mean!) So, for YEARS, I would have an attack w/out any outside trigger or reason. I stopped drinking coffee, alcohol, and even thought that I was causing them from eating high-fat fo...

DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION. I REPEAT DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION. I TOOK IT FOR FIVE YEARS. ALL IT DID WAS LAND ME INTO A DETOX FACILITY AND TWO DUI'S. IT IS TO ADDICTING AND ONCE YOU GET ADDICTED AND THE DOCTOR LOWERS YOUR DOSE BECAUSE HE NOWS YOU ARE ADDICTED YOU WILL BEGIN TO FIND OTHER WAYS TO DEAL WITH PANIC ATTACKS. FOR ME IT WAS ALCOHOL. WHATS SO BAD ABOUT IT IS THAT I AM A NORMAL HUMAN BE...

Anonymous |
4/17/2021

The Amateur | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/31/2021
Condition: Extreme Apprehension or Fear of Social Interaction

I have found this to be exponentially better for my situation than something like xanax, because of the longer duration. However, I highly recommend taking it on days when interaction is necessary. If taken every day, it doesn't seem to be *quite* as beneficial.

Blindbat | 75 or over | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/5/2020
Condition: Mania associated with Bipolar Disorder, Adjunct Treatment

In 1997, Age 55, male, occasional low levels of hypomania. My doc was testing for an effective Rx regimen and prescribed Klonipin. I had an intense, horrible allergic reaction beginning within about 20 minutes and lasting about 24 hours. The reaction was neurological, an intense itching over my entire skin surface. It seemed almost unbearable, couldn't releive it by scratching, bathing, laying down, standing up, using creams, ointments, etc. It felt like every nerve in/on my skin was afire/'screaming'. Nothing releived it. Never again. All from one little pill. Now 78 and the only other extreme alergy reactions I've ever had are to statins.

TShoot | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/28/2020
Condition: Panic Disorder

I have used Klonopin for the past 10 years for insomnia and anxiety/panic attacks. It is THE single most effective thing that works everytime for me. I never abuse it. If I was tired, I only took 1mg at night and, only if started to have a panic attack, would I take 1mg during the day. I worked a high stress job for 18 years (over six figures+). Much better than self medicating with alcohol. Been down that slippery slope once and I would take Klonopin every day of the week versus Ambien/Lunesta/Trazadone/SSRIs/TCIs because, for me it always works. The ONLY reason I stopped taking it was because my new job (Health care field) FREAKs if Benzos show up in your urinalysis. I cut it cold turkey from about 3mg per to zero. A bit of an anxious 5 days but nothing like trying to quit hard alcohol use where for 3-5 days you feel like you have the worst flu ever (too cold then sweating through all of your clothes, the shakes/tremors, etc.) I did these "detoxes" at home with no supporting meds to ease into a detox. Klonopin was my friend. Klonopin had less side affects, worked as predicted all the time and, cutting it off cold turkey after a 10 years run, was not 1/5th as bad as quitting a heavy use of alcohol for a couple of years. Everyone is different, talk to your doctor about what is right for you. HINT, heavy drinking is NOT your friend - almost everything you will regret during this time frame is when you were drunk - trust me.

KJC77 | 35-44 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/27/2019
Condition: Panic Disorder

This med helps but I don't like the long term effect on the brain especially short term memory loss. I'm taking a med for ADHD which helps my mind stay sharp and a low dose of Zyprexa Zydis to control irritability and panic attacks while getting off this medication. It does the job to stop panic attacks but not everyone responds to this med in the same way. Over several years I went from taking 6mg of klonopin to 1.5mg of klonopin. It is a very difficult med to get off of but I only recommend you take it if you are in constant state of panic and terror. My life went from having panic attacks which led to depression and eventually led to bipolar disorder. I'm tapering off the medication slowly but I don't know if I like the way I'm feeling. While tapering off of it, I've noticed that I am more antisocial(nonviolent) but I think this is temporary till Klonopin leaves my system. Be careful and choose your medications wisely. I hope you find peace in your life.