I lost 25 pounds in 3 months while taking this drug. I also notice that I had more energy. I was a big snacker while sitting at my desk, I did not feel the need to snack at all.

took this drug for 3 years off and on now dx with pulmonary hypertention

joanne | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/16/2015
Condition: Weight Gain

decreased hunger enable to make better choices

John's mom | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/18/2012
Condition: Overweight

65yo female, 5'2", 184# when began in Feb 2012, 140# on 9/18/12. Went from size 16 to current size 6. Started with one half of 75mg time-released capsule 1 X per day in a.m. Began losing IMMEDIATELY (6#/wk)while eating SMALL meals, watching sugar, calories, fat, carbs. Did not obsess about food at all but could eat when time came for it. High energy. Used treadmill for 1/2 to 1 hr 3X week while reading books on tape. Added swimmercise for seniors 45 min workout 3X/wk. Eventually stopped treadmill. After 4 months tried whole pill of 75mg but made my heart race-felt anxious. [Also take 40mg Prozac and up to 15mg hydrocodone w/up to 487 acetaminephen daily] (if needed) for sciatic pain from 3 rear-end car accidents in 2004. Switched to 25mg tenuate 2X/day but could not tolerate immediate release pill. Went back to 1/2 75mg time-released capsule. Got very ill when tried to drink one glass wine early on so no alcohol at all until just recently. Now I can tolerate a little wine. I put my weight on due to over-eating & drinking alcohol to self-medicate while grieving intensely for 20 years. Going to 47th year high school reunion next month looking and feeling great! Look like I'm early 50's. Many things impact weight gain. This is the only time I have ever been able to lose weight - but I was determined and the medication worked.

simigirl | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/20/2012
Condition: Overweight

I've been taking this medication for one week and have not experienced and ill side effects. The only side effect has been dry mouth. I does suppress my appetite but not to the point where I can't eat and it wears off within a few hours for me. I need to take the full dosage for it's full effect which is 25 mg, 3 times a day. It has eliminated food cravings but not to the point where I no longer wish to eat bad foods. So far, in one week I have lost 3 pounds with diet and exercise.

Mother Of Two | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/14/2010
Condition: Overweight

This will supress yoru appetite for several hours however be sure to eat regardless if you are hungry or not or you will binge at night when the pill wears off! I have lost 3 puns a week by eating less (if Ido not binge at night) and with no exercise.

Anonymous |