The only draw back is that I got horrible headaches. But, overall, I have been satisfied with Lutera as a birth control. But always use a condom anyway!

it was ok i guess.

0002 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/24/2021

Was it effective? Yes, as a birth control it was effective, but I wish I would’ve never taken it at all. I never had acne (other than an occasional pimple here and there) until I started taking Lutera. Painful acne everywhere, every single day. I have been off of it for months and my skin is still terrible. Not to mention the terrifying leg cramps. Got to a point where I was having leg cramps that woke me up every single night. Please try other options before you try Lutera like I wish I would’ve. This may work for some but I deeply regret it.

hihialy | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/1/2021
Condition: Acne

I had been getting painful cycstic acne before using this, and after this medication I will occasionally get a pimple or two. My main use for this was for acne, but it shortened and lessened my periods. Not sure of effects on weight since I’ve been quarantined all year. I had mental health issues before, but I believe this has been making me severely depressed and anxious. I’d been on it 6 months I think. I’m taking a break now to see how my mental health is affected.

Adry | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/2/2020

Everyone reacts different to birth control, but this was my experience with Lutera. I am an 19 yr old 110 pounds woman and I have been on lutera for about a year now. I was a bit inconsistent I’ll admit, I quit and restarted this birth control months later. On both occasions the birth control gave me unpleasant side effects. It began by exponentially lowering my sexual libido which is something that had never happened before. When I quit this birth control the first time my libido almost instantly came back. The first time I spent about 3 months on it. Then I restarted the birth control about 6 months later. The second time around it once again lowered my libido and it also lowered my overall energy levels. I felt exhausted all day everyday. It gave me weird discharge I had never had before and when I got off of it I had some of the craziest mood swings I’ve had in my life. The second time I spent 3 months on it as well. Like I said, everyone reacts to BC differently but I do not recommend this product based on my experience.

d | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/20/2020

started on this with birth control being the main reason. no side effects except HEAVY depression for the first two months. my periods are also consistently heavy but no cramps/pain, always on time.

K | 19-24 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/20/2020

I was on this birth control for 6 months. At first, I thought the side effects were just because of the pill changing my hormones and trying to get my body balanced out. It did a great job at getting me on track with my cycle, BUT it also caused my face to break out with severe cystic acne that I still have yet to completely get rid of and Iâ??ve been switched off the pill for a couple months. I was blessed with great skin all through my teenage years and early twenties, so cystic acne was foreign to me. I wouldnâ??t recommend this drug to anyone. Save your face from acne scarring and try a different birth control pill.