Ihave been on 3 different types of birth control for "21" years! I started when I was 18 to control my periods with Ortho-Novumm 7-7-7. In my 20's I tried the Depo shot and it worked well with and was convenient but expensive. Now that I am getting older, I am on Lutera and have been for over a decade and it is considered a ver low dos pill. The less estrogen as you get older, the better. The...

it was ok i guess.

hihialy | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/1/2021
Condition: Acne

I had been getting painful cycstic acne before using this, and after this medication I will occasionally get a pimple or two. My main use for this was for acne, but it shortened and lessened my periods. Not sure of effects on weight since I’ve been quarantined all year. I had mental health issues before, but I believe this has been making me severely depressed and anxious. I’d been on it 6 months I think. I’m taking a break now to see how my mental health is affected.

Adry | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/2/2020

Everyone reacts different to birth control, but this was my experience with Lutera. I am an 19 yr old 110 pounds woman and I have been on lutera for about a year now. I was a bit inconsistent I’ll admit, I quit and restarted this birth control months later. On both occasions the birth control gave me unpleasant side effects. It began by exponentially lowering my sexual libido which is something that had never happened before. When I quit this birth control the first time my libido almost instantly came back. The first time I spent about 3 months on it. Then I restarted the birth control about 6 months later. The second time around it once again lowered my libido and it also lowered my overall energy levels. I felt exhausted all day everyday. It gave me weird discharge I had never had before and when I got off of it I had some of the craziest mood swings I’ve had in my life. The second time I spent 3 months on it as well. Like I said, everyone reacts to BC differently but I do not recommend this product based on my experience.

d | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/20/2020

started on this with birth control being the main reason. no side effects except HEAVY depression for the first two months. my periods are also consistently heavy but no cramps/pain, always on time.

K | 19-24 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/20/2020

I was on this birth control for 6 months. At first, I thought the side effects were just because of the pill changing my hormones and trying to get my body balanced out. It did a great job at getting me on track with my cycle, BUT it also caused my face to break out with severe cystic acne that I still have yet to completely get rid of and Iâ??ve been switched off the pill for a couple months. I was blessed with great skin all through my teenage years and early twenties, so cystic acne was foreign to me. I wouldnâ??t recommend this drug to anyone. Save your face from acne scarring and try a different birth control pill.

AJL | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/22/2019
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I am half way through my second pack. During my first pack, my period was SO SO SO much lighter. Before Lutera, I’d have awful PMS for 8-12 days... aka I was miserable most of the month. My skin seems to be purging congestion in my pores. I’ve been a bit moodier but this pack has been better than the last. Overall, I feel pretty darn good.