I had severe inflammation of the eye further to sawdust entering my eye. The Gentak ointment worked great to reduce the inflammation and associated pain. It should be noted that the ointment was most useful to me because I had my eye taped shut - it is very difficult to see out of the eye after application; if you require to the use of the eye in the short term then drops would likely work better....

I had a stye in my eye. After applying warm compresses to the eye and then using Gentak my eye got 10 times worst. Extremely inflamed and almost shut the eye.

Unhappy patient | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/5/2016

I went to the doctor for some slight redness in the corners outside of my eye. I thought it was dry skin but it wouldn't go away. After 24 hours of using this product my eyes were swollen and blood red. It was painful to move my eye. I went back and a different doctor said it shouldn't have been prescribed. It's a very harsh antibiotic and said to discontinue and my eyes would get better. That was three days ago and I still look like the walking dead. I'm going to an eye doctor tomorrow. Never use this product. There are many alternatives that are safer and more effective.

Lindaduby | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/3/2015
Condition: Bacterial Infection of the Eyelid

I was prescribed this drug for conjunctivitis (pinkeye). It is very hard to apply this Vaseline-like substance. On day four, of a five-day treatment, I ceased using because of pain, burning and itchiness. I will need to go back to the doctor. I am not a happy camper.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | Patient
10/9/2013

It is very difficult to have this very thick ointment slide into the eye with out a lot of waste and it is impossible to keep the tube from touching the eyelid. One needs to use the end of the tube to make it stay in the eye lid. Not a pleasant experience. I am using it only once a day because of this. Why is it not supplied in drops?

Doreen | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/11/2012
Condition: Pink Eye from Bacterial Infection

Although fairly easy to use, this stuff did not work for me.

tjarmbruster | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/28/2011
Condition: Bacterial Infection of the Eyelid

Had an allergic reaction to the medication