I was on lunesta, went to get refills and was sent eszopiclone 3mg. I took 1 hour before bedtime at 10 pm. it is now 3 am! :(

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/21/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

It helped me sleep through the night but extreme depression, hopelessness and anger the next day are not worth it.

Mjunkyard1 | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/1/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Terrible insomnia! Maybe 6hrs a week sleep! Prescribed eszopiclone, 1st night actually got about 4hrs straight..2nd night, right back to where I started....I hate this!????????

Happys mom | 65-74 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/10/2020
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I use the 2 mg but only take it every 2 to 3 days--I don't want to become too reliant on it. I sleep quite well with few times awake, and for 7-8 glorious hours. BUT the taste it leaves in my mouth: so bitter and lasts well into the next morning. Brushing, gargling seems to have little effect. I keep a supply of wintergreen Breathsavers close by during the night and in the am

I Judy Wright | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/9/2019
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I am having terrible frightening nightmares... anyone else having this problem?

James186282 | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/19/2019
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

It works great. I get 7 hours of sleep with the 2mg (1mg helped me sleep but I woke up after 3 hours) One Problem: It tastes horrible. And this seems to leave that taste in my mouth all day. Has anyone found a solution? Do some generics not taste awful? Mine come from Aurobindo Pharma Ltd. I would suggest trying other generic producers. They can't all make it this awful tasting. Can they???

Pices | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/8/2018
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Took eszopiclone 3 mg for a month and found it to be very effective. However, my prescription ran out and now am suffering various withdrawal symptoms including sleepless, metallic taste in mouth, itching/hives.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/9/2018
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I started having a lot of side effects after starting this med.

glory | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/3/2018
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

It doesn't do what Ambiean does and it doesn't make you feel sleepy at all this is almost like an over the counter sleep aid, bad taste in your mouth switching back to other me to action Amibeian.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/2/2018
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Leaves a horrible bitter taste in your mouth for days after use. You taste it every time you eat or drink

not sleepy | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/30/2017

whocares | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/5/2017
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I'm a 50 year old male. after taking Lunesta I have tried Eszopiclone 3mg for a month. I still cut the pill in 1/2 I'm good on 7 hours of sleep. still has the metal taste I can get the sleep but has ruined any sex drive. Going to switch back to the lunesta and pay there price.

Borizza | 35-44 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/23/2017
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I've taken 3 mg dosage since Oct 2014, and it works well to keep me asleep. I stay asleep for a minimum of 5 hrs, if I'm not disturbed. It takes about 2 hrs for the pill to take affect, so I have to plan accordingly. At about the 1.5 hr mark after taking the med, if I drink water or tea, it tastes distinctly metallic, and gets worse if I continue drinking water or tea. Not as bad with soft drinks, unless ice melts and it gets watery. The day after, I tend to be groggy if I don't sleep for at least 6 hrs, or sleep more than 9. If I feel groggy, two cups of coffee (minimum) revives me. I'm going to try a reduced dosage, and see if the grogginess subsides; if not, I'll continue as is.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/30/2016
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Other than the metallic taste the first few days, it worked great. I've been taking it for a month now

Mgl | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
9/12/2016
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Nasty taste as pill starts disolving on contact. ..nasty, takes away taste buds.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/9/2016
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I have a metallic taste in my mouth even after 24 hours from taking this. I also feel I am in a comatose state.

Anonymous | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/28/2016
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I tried Eszopiclone last night before bed at 3 mg and it is the best sleep aid on the planet for me. Everybody is different but I have tried every drug for Insomnia and Anxiety. So if you are looking for something different and you have tried them all and not yet tried Eszoiclone, then give it a try. All it makes you feel is a relaxed feeling to help you feel tired. It's not forceful like Trazadone and doesn't have the side effects like Ambien (Zolpidem). Good luck. I hope Eszopiclone will work for you. Cheers!Read More Read Less

Barb | 65-74 | Female | Patient
10/24/2014
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Works best on an empty stomach and low caffeine intake such as one morning cup of tea. Daily exercise helps.takes at least one hour to work. I keep my bedroom completely dark, put a sock over my phone and TV pin light. A godsend to me after so many sleepless nights.Ambien put me in a bad mood.

chrispuch22 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
10/6/2014
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I was taking Lunesta but now with the generic I am using this. I find it so helpful.

youaregettingsleepy | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/23/2014
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I took Lunesta for several years with wonderful success now the insurance co. has me taking the generic. Oddly the generic cost me more the Lunesta and it does not work as well. I will wake up through the night and have slept walked as well apparently though a houseplant was the toilet. As concerning as that was my greatest is that it will only help sleep for about 3hrs. I want my Lunesta back.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/22/2014
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Terrible allergic reaction after this going to a generic medication