After 4 years (and several other medications) of only averaging 2-3 hours sleep every 2-3 days (Obviously omitting periods of extreme fatigue hospitaliztions when drug induced sleep was used). My Dr. told me to try the 3mg version of Lunesta. From the first day and for almost 3 months now I have averaged 7-9 hours sleep every day feeling totally refreshed and rested and with 10 times the energy I ...

I HATE LUNESTA. I took the medication one night and i withdrawled. It made me feel so depressed and down i cannot explain. And that taste in my mouth felt like whatever i drank or ate has chemicals in it. I absolutely have nothing to say about this. It made my body feel tired but not my mind. I DO NOT RECOMMEND TAKING THIS EVER.

Edave | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/26/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

It almost works, can get a good 4-5 hours of sleep. Have been taking over 10 years. The max dosage available is too low.

Franc | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/22/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I suffer from insomnia and was given a prescription for this medication by my psychiatrist (I also suffer from depression) The first night I took lunesta it didn't work at all but the following day I felt like I was "high" all day and unable to function. The following night I tried again and it didn't work. I was ok the next day as though I hadn't taken anything. I continued for 9 days...only to find out I was having trouble speaking...like my head wasn't functioning properly. I couldn't think of the word I wanted to say. I don't know if it was my doctors fault for putting me on this drug knowing I had a mood disorder or this was a side effect not mentioned. Beware people

Old Night Wolf | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/24/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I've used Lunesta for well over a decade. There are several manufacturers of Lunesta, SOME DO NOT WORK, OTHERS DO. Dark blue is a good sign (K 85 marks on pill). LIGHT BLUE - DON'T WORK (L 35 0n pill). There is a beige variety with an M on it but I don't remember the number, it works fine. There are others of different efficacy. For me the ones that work may take up to 20 or 30 minutes at worst, if I'm stressed. But I stay asleep. I've had 3 different Light Blue varieties, over many years, that were all useless.

SatsifiedCustomer27 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/15/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

This sleeping medication seems to be working so far. Had close to 7 hours and I have extreme insomnia where I only sleep 4 hours at a time. I had that bad taste in the mouth that everyone has been talking about. I solved the taste problem by taking a mini marshmellow(also tried with big marshmellow and broke into a little piece) and put the pill inside of it and molded it around it(a little water helps it get sticky). Voila! No more bad taste.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/27/2020
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

chronic insomnia long term, years of trazadone, tried lunesta, still no full night of sleep, awake most nights between 3-4 am, can't get back to sleep, and do i sweat all night and most next day