I have found that the drug causes pain to all the bones and joints throughout my body - just a deep aching that can't be readily alleviated, even with Oxydocone/acetaminophen. Severe nausea that isn't alleviated by oral medication such as phenargen. Nobody but the pharmacist seems to believe me though. It has been tough persuading anyone about my plight.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/23/2015
Condition: Infection Occurring During or Soon After an Operation

I have to use this medication for 39 days 2X a day via IV through a PICC line. It really isn't hard to do, it's just an inconvenience to have a PICC line. I have been experiencing some nausea and that is what brought me here to check out the side effects. Starting to wonder now if my weakness in my joints and drowsiness is also being caused by the medication. I had a spinal fusion and after a week my incision started draining fluid. A month later I should not be feeling this weakness in my body. I see the infectious disease doctor next week, I am starting my list of questions now.

Mons | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/13/2013
Condition: Bone Infection caused by Staphylococcus Aureus Bacteria

I was on this med for 42 days after an aortic valve replacement. My incisions opened up in a few places and were oozing puss and were having a hard time healing. The initial instructions to administer this med through infusion were a little vague but once we got the hang of it my wife and I didn't have a hard time doing it. Cleanliness is very important as it is infused through a tube about 40 inches long inserted via a pic inserted below your bicep. From all blood tests the med seemed to work but I am still taking an oral antibiotic for two more weeks at the doctors orders possibly as a precautionary measure. Because of the wide range of infections this med treats I am not sure whether the doctor was able to pinpoint my problem but while using it four of my five wounds closed up. The last one is still a bit stubborn but seems to be coming along.

Ken | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient