My good cholesterol went up, my bad went down, and my triglycerides came down, The decrease was significant. This was after 4 months.

developed severe dizziness and weakness after one week of taking antara

Yen | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/15/2014
Condition: Combined High Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Level

I'm a 29 years old Asian woman. I am taking this medication for my high cholesterol and Triglyceride. My doctor has warned me about the side effect of this drug, particularly the muscle weakness. Almost one month into taking this drug, I have experienced rash/itchiness all over my body (night time is the worst), joint pain, tiredness/low energy,and heartburn (night time). Since this drug is quite expensive, I am going to finish the 30 pills bottle that I paid for ($187.70), then I will ask my doctor to switch something else for me. I couldn't stand the side effects especially the rash and joint pain.

ddsterrett | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/15/2012
Condition: Combined High Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Level

Has helped to lower my cholesterol and triglyceride levels to acceptable ranges, with excercize being a crucial component to the regimen. I probably don't watch my diet as much as I should.

Anonymous | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/23/2011
Condition: Combined High Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Level

It has caused my skin to itch all over. Plus I have less energy.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/18/2010
Condition: High Amount of Triglyceride in the Blood

I've taken Antara for about a month, and I'm experiencing extreme fatigue and some muscle pain. Starting drinking diet colas just to stay awake at work in the daytime. Am going to stop the med for a week and see if the symptoms subside. Can't function well when I'm sleepy all the time.

lzotz8 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient