I had stage4 breast cancer with severe bone mets. After 6 mos of Abraxine my cancer does not show up on any CT/PET scan. I have been cancer free for 4 mos.

I finished my Abraxane treatment a little over 1 year ago. I still have severe numbness and swelling in my hands and legs. I also had substantial vision loss almost immediately after my first treatment. I was in terrible pain during the treatment. I think that the prescribing physician should tell people that it will age you 20 years, on the spot, and you will never be the same. My doctor tried th...

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/12/2021
Condition: Breast Cancer that has Spread to Another Part of the Body

I’m triple negative breast cancer with mets to the brain (twice) and neck tumors, had surgeries to take care of that, brain radiation (twice) and now I’m on abraxane and an immunotherapy. I’m about to start my 6th month on Abraxane. I have experienced feet and finger neuropathy, ocasional constipation, fatigue and hair loss. It’s still tolerable and I’m still alive to take care of my teenage twins. I’m thankful for this. I gave up sodas and fast food. I drink lots of water and home made meals to try to take better care of my liver, kidneys, intestine while on chemo so I can finish the treatment.

Ellecia | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
5/31/2021
Condition: HR negative, HER2 negative, PD-L1 positive breast cancer

Tumor shrunk could only be seen with the ultrasound in breast and lymph node ,light nausea and my hair started grown back only thing neuropathy in my fingers and around my mouth , aching joints and prickly heat .

Hopeful | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/5/2019
Condition: Breast Cancer that has Spread to Another Part of the Body

Just finished one session of Herceptin and Abraxane and one session of Abraxane. I developed hives/rashes on my wrist, shoulder, neck and back. Went to see dermatologist prescribed claritin and triamcinolone. Itches continues. Anyone else experience this?

Happy Camper | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/22/2017
Condition: Breast Cancer that has Spread to Another Part of the Body

Breast cancer that spread first to my brain. then recurred in my brain and both lung, this is when my doctor treated me with abracene. I have been in remission for nearly 5 years now. I'm BRCA positive and have had bilateral br ca, so I've had a lot of chemo. I have periph neuropathy, headaches. But I'm alive!!! I have a son with a debate disability and these last 5 years have made a huge impact on his life because I was here to help him. Joint pain during trtmt, and neuropathy. Xeloda with radiation to my brain for the brain meta. Thank you Abraxane, I believe you saved my life.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/16/2015
Condition: Breast Cancer that has Spread to Another Part of the Body

Completed my 10th treatment. 3 weeks on 1 week off. Mild side effects including hair loss, fatigue, metallic taste, constipation week of treatment which I use Merrulax for. Stool softners were not effective. Good nutrition and hydrating is very important. Cancer markers have all decreased and recent PET scan showed significant improvement.