I have been taking sam-e off and on for about 2 weeks now and something funny has happened which I am sure has to do with sam-e....I have an actual sex drive again. Really, I have been experiencing depression and haven't been in the mood for months maybe years. It's like something changed in me chemically maybe.

I was prescribed this supplement for mood: anxiety and depression. I took one 200 mg pill in the AM and 1 200 mg pill in the evening. I could NOT go to sleep and it felt like i was on a caffeine rush. i would lie in bed for 3-4 hours and not be able to sleep. Had to take a sleeping pill each night. Gave up Sam-e after 1 week of sleepless nights.

Rosalind | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/29/2014

I am taking SAMe on the advice of a psychiatrist struggling with many different antidepressants. The SAMe seems to have lifted my depression like magic, but I am getting excruciating abdominal pain 20 minutes after I take it!

Grace | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/13/2014

Started taking it for fybromyalgia symptoms, but it actually works best on mood/depression symptoms. It works better if you take it in the morning on an empty stomach.

Anonymous | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/19/2014

I was taking for joint pain and discovered it improved my mood.I like it

BLT6298 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/3/2013

I take 200 mg in the morning, I don't think you should take it at night, I do get an energy rush most of the day. I am 50 and I like to jog, my muscles hurt most of the time until I started taking Sam-E. Now I have very little joint pain.

millernpt | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/8/2011
Anonymous | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/1/2011

I have severe seasonal disorder. This works great. I take 200mg in the summer and two 200 mg in the winter (one in the morning and one in the evening). This resolved my depression better than any prescription I have taken. I have felt no adverse side-effects.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/22/2010

Tried this for natural mood and anxiety help. I started with 200mg but did not find it effective. Got much better results with the 400mg. I found it very helpful once I found the right dose.

BG Leigh | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
3/30/2010

After taking 400 mg for about a week, I noticed a great improvement in my attitude towards people. My irritability is practically non existent now. I like people again. I am smiling now, feel very sociable and I laugh much more frequently.

googoobear | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/29/2009

I wanted to try something natural before I gave in and went on Zoloft. Zoloft totally worked last time I needed it for depression and PMDD but could not orgasm and it was frustrating! And that's the only reason I went off of it. So, now that I was feeling depressed agian, I wanted to try Sam-e first. It took about 8 days before I felt anything at all, and then out of nowhere, the clouds lifted from above me and I feel very happy. And for no reason! I thought at first it wouldn't help because I didn't feel anything at first, but it just took a while. I'm curious to see how long it will last and if it will help throuhg the bad period moodiness and anxiety... so far so good. Please try this before trying presc. meds for mild depression. Read More Read Less

Wendy | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/13/2009

I have been taking SAM-e for 3 years now and am very satisfied with it. After my son was born and I finished breastfeeding, I started taking it in lieu of a very low dose prescription for slight cases of anxiety and depression. This worked for me and though the change is slight, I can feel the difference if I miss taking it.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | Patient