This is only my second day and already I feel great! I'm not tired anymore and I can breath normal. This stuff is great!

since the da i got on this drug i have felt like i was getting the flu, however i haver had my flu shot so i knew it wasnt that .every day has gotten worse so today i looked up the side effects . and wouldnt you know everything i have been feeling is listed on there.i gue4ss its back to my dr and t5ry again . this one just wont do. i havae enough problems without serious side effects. but that doe...

Anonymous | 7-12 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
1/23/2019
Condition: Asthma Prevention

After a few months of being on this drug my son became depressed, angry, withdrew from everyone, little sleep, raging, unsafe thoughts, extreme pickyness with food. And our terrible dr talked us into doing it a second winter. What a mistake. Had to put our son on prozak. Terrible drug.

Ctgal | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/8/2017
Condition: Allergic Asthma

I seem to have mild asthma. I was coughing and wheezing, but that is gone. That's the good part. My hair has started breaking badly. Hair everywhere. I am also finding that my hands are shaking a lot. Constantly and it's getting worse every day. Never had happened before. I am a very healthy 66 year old. Coincidence? I don't know.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
7/26/2017
janlynn | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/21/2015
blue | 3-6 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
12/2/2015
Condition: Asthma

My 4 yr old grandson started using Flovent 44mcg in August without much success. Doctor upped the doseage to 110mcg at the end of Oct. Now, a month later, my grandson is a different child. His asthma is under control, but his behavior is terrible. He is super hyper, has trouble sleeping, screams, cries, talks back, in addition to throwing & hitting. I've reduced him to 1 puff a day until I can get in touch with his doctor.

INTx | 13-18 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/26/2014
Condition: Allergic Asthma

My asthma has been pretty bad lately due to pollen and whatnot (I've been using albuterol almost every night). My doctor started me on this medicine in order to get my asthma under better control. The good part is that this is a very effective drug. I no longer required my albuterol after a mere three days on this drug. The bad part is that it royally screwed my mind up. I was always tired, yet wasn't able to sleep without medication. I became emotionally volatile; minor annoyances plunged me into depression and good things made me giddy. I always felt anxious. And, perhaps most distressing of all, it made me constantly angry. I became prone to violent fits of rage with little to no provocation and constantly felt like I needed to punch someone in the face. I talked with a few trusted people, and they all agreed that I should go off the drug and see if I feel any better. It's been ~48 hours since I last used it and I'm already feeling far more like myself. I'm having to use the albuterol every night again, though. But, unlike Flovent, albuterol doesn't turn me into a psychopath with a hair-trigger temper. Verdict: This is a potent medicine. I would suggest looking into this if most other asthma treatments have proved ineffective/intolerable. Granted, not everyone on Flovent will react exactly like I did; just bear in mind that this medicine can potentially change you into an over aggressive, insufferable twit.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 3-6 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Caregiver
5/7/2014
Condition: Allergic Asthma

Good for a few months but the medication started causing side effects in my 6 year old after being on and off winter and then off summers. The doctors do not have an answer and they do not relate his sore throat, rash in buttocks, face and headaches to this but this is the only medication he has ever taken unless the antibiotics also have bad side effects. The only thing is that if you look at flovent side effects those are exactly the ones he has :( we stop the med about a month ago but still is having the same problems. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Caregiver
2/21/2014
Condition: Asthma Prevention

My 5 year old son has been taking this for about a year and a half. While it does control his asthma symptoms, it has caused severe behavioral changes that seem to be getting worse. I am now searching for alternative treatments after reading about other children having similar side effects. This is very scary and I hope it is being investigated!

T Toes | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/5/2013
Condition: Asthma

This has helped rid me of the congestion and goopy lungs/chest. I now have not needed to use my albuterol inhaler in about 3 weeks. Within a few days I was down to using the rescue inhaler once a night, now I breathe well and feel much better. Just have some hoarseness that I hope may resolve soon.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | Patient
12/6/2012
Condition: Allergic Asthma
Anonymous | 0-2 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Caregiver
11/28/2012
Condition: Asthma

My daughter who is 18 months old has not had any severe troubles breathing since she started Flovent, however she has behavior problems, severe temper tantrums, anger and crazy mood swings. My other two boys 3 and 6 also take Flovent and are hyper after taking it but have showed no behavior problems. Her doctors are reconsidering keeping her on it because of the side effects.

LaurieLeeB | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/26/2012
Condition: Late Onset Asthma

Stopped the constant coughing. Stopped the nighttime coughing and chest tightness. Fixed my post menopausal symptoms

blossom | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/14/2012
Condition: Asthma

Since Aerobid is no longer being made, I needed a replacement (I took it with Serevent for many years). I tried this medication (Flovent) and got no benefit - only bad side effects. It caused uncontrollable, nonstop cough, rapid heartbeat, asthma attack, and wheezing. Also caused me to have almost lost my voice, sore throat, and leg cramps. I could only take this twice before stopping. Had to use my nebulizer to stop the coughing/wheezing caused by this medication.

Nell | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/13/2012

My pulmonologist prescribed Flovent HFA & Ipratroprium for heavy phlegm. I used it for about 1 year and developed Atrial Fibrolation. After many heart specialists, there was no diagnosis. My heart was healthy. I searched WEBMD and found that Ipratroprium causes irregular heart beat and in these reviews I discovered that an 8 year old had the same problem. Also I became very hyperactive and couldn't sleep. After discontinuing use of these two medications my A-Fib is gone.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
5/30/2012
Condition: Asthma

eye dr said it has caused me to have cataracts. no fun.

Anonymous | 3-6 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
4/4/2012
Condition: Asthma Prevention

My three year old has been on it for about two months. Since he has been on it he has experienced severe night terrors and behavior changes. The dr. says that his lungs are quite clear now. We have decided to go down to one puff a day and see if that helps with the night terrors and behavior.

Ashleymarieisme | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/7/2011
Condition: Allergic Asthma

My 5 year old son has been using this inhaler for about 8 months now, only 1 puff a day after his last cold back in April. It has changed our lives. He started kindergarten this year and at this same time last year he had already been out of school twice for colds with his Allergic Asthma. I would never had thought that his symptoms would just go away and have yet to come back.

Anonymous | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/12/2011
Condition: Severe Chronic Obstructed Lung Disease

this helped overnight with my breathing

Judy G. | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/7/2011
Condition: Asthma

I found my voice was affected by using this drug. It very often sounded scratchy and like I was getting laryngitis. And I developed a sometimes heavy phlegm build-up. I was lucky that I didn't also get thrush. It was effective in the beginning, but after a year, my doctor put me on anew medication that I start tomorrow. I could never quite shake the cough I had most of the time.

Jill | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/2/2011
Condition: Late Onset Asthma

Overall good results other than loosing my voice on occassion. I sure can't sing like I use to.