I have used Boniva for three months and so far so good. I tried Actanol and Fosamex with side effects of joint and chest pains. I hope this continues to work for me.

no reslults as of yet told it takes two yrs to shoe a difference

Beth O. | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/1/2022
Condition: Post-Menopausal Osteoporosis Prevention

Took it as directed and quickly started having awful nausea and sharp pains in my abdomen. Continued to have vomiting, nausea and gastritis for three weeks. Avoid this medication!!

MissT | 19-24 | Other | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/13/2022
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

Took pill #1 yesterday. Diarrhea started within 30 minutes. Diarrhea by far worse today. Will be calling my doctor tomorrow for an alternative. Wondering if the 1x monthly pill is just too much for my small frame to handle. I'm certainly not going to spend 2 days in the restroom each month!

Kathy | 55-64 | Female | Patient
10/26/2021
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

Took once a month dose yesterday morning. No symptoms until I went to bed. I woke up with chest pain and chills it describes as common side effect. But the pain was pretty bad, it hurt even when I just breath. I had difficulty to move my body. I had to take pain killer. Called my doctor, he suggested to see how it goes and try one more time next month to see if I still have side effects. It has been 48 hours since I took medication, I am still in pain but it's getting better. Hope this goes away soon.Read More Read Less

Benlista | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/31/2021
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

Just started Benlista oral 4 days ago. Have had a side effect every day. Headaches from hell, nausea, dizziness and it's hard to swallow. Never again!!!

Helen Andrychow | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/12/2021
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

Took this medicine 2 days ago and I haven't been out of bed since! There isn't a part if my body that doesn't hurt at this point. I will not be taking this medicine again for any reason. The side effects far out weigh the reward at this point!!!

Anonymous | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/12/2019
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

I can’t say if it is effective. I just took my 3rd dose. If it is anything like the first 2, I will not take it again!

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/11/2019
Condition: Post-Menopausal Osteoporosis Prevention

I have been taking ibandronate for some time now, and it works well for my muscles. I had a bone density scan last year. My doctor told me that my medication was no longer working, she wanted to switch me to Prolia. I had the injection. It created such muscle pain I did not have another but had to wait 6 more months to go back on Ibandronate. I find that although it may not be helping my bones it helps my back muscles. I have extreme muscle fatigue at the end of the cycle. It is just debilitating. So this month, I took my dose 5 days early. This seems to have helped. At least I can stand up straight. Read More Read Less

clsohio | 65-74 | Female | Patient
12/4/2018
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

Third month of taking this medicine and will not be doing it a fourth month! I have been in so much pain since being on this medicine that it is not even funny...hand and joint pain in the fingers and leg cramps galore! Also my hip joints have hurt severely since starting it.

granny | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/9/2018
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

First month I had some of the side effects but not serious. Second month totally different story. Horrible pain, dizziness, vomiting. I will not be taking a third month!

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/12/2018
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

I have just started taking Ibandronate which is generic for Boniva. So far, no side effects. My pharmacist did explain the drug and suggessted I continue taking OsteoBase - a supplement - in addition to the Ibandronate.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/19/2018
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

One pill was more than enough to decide that the side effects were not worth the cure, if that cure actually materializes! After taking one pill my entire body ached, specially my legs, arms and fingers.

Chris | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/31/2018
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

Flu like symptoms - took it for 2 months and decided the side effects are not worth it.

Ditas | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/8/2017
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

HORRIBLE MEDICINE!!!! TAKE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! YOU WILL DIE FROM THE SIDE EFFECTS EVEN BEFORE YOU HAVE OSTEOPOROSIS!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/3/2016
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

I don't care if this helps bone mass. I am a mess! Month 1 felt like I was hit by a truck. Horrible flu like all over excruciating pain. Month 2 and 3 better. This month went to the hospital with disfiguring facial and neck swelling. Was given an epi pen in case of suffocation !!! Never again.

Helen | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/2/2016
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

I have been boniva for 4 weeks, and thankfully have not had ANY negative side effects.

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/22/2016
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

i just took one Boniva pill on april 20th 2016 and the next day I have toe worst pain in my arms, legs and fingers. I have a follow up with my pc doctor on may 12th, I am not taking another pill. I will continue taking my liquid calcumn and my vit d3, but as far as taking the Boniva it is not happening. also my vision is blurred and I can't even drive my car. my husband said enough is enough.

Anna Ew | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
12/10/2015
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

I was given this drug by my doctor and have been taken it for 12 years . I was suppose to have been taken it for only two years but my GPs never informed me. I was suffering a lot of bone pain , iThe pain I n my feet was affecting my driving hand pain back pain. I stopped taken Boniva two months ago and all my pain has gone ., I feel so much better.... Pain free

disgusted | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/28/2015
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

There are many directions to follow when taking this medication also it can cause severe jaw pain and splitting of the gums.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Caregiver
8/16/2015
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

Have been on this medication for years. Developed pain in upper rt. thigh for several months. Stumped toe on coffee table leg-causing severe femur fracture-leading to major surgery. Orthopedic surgeon stated it was caused from taking the Boniva. Isn't it about time this drug company should pay for all the pain and suffering it has caused????

Alison | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/27/2015
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

I am extremely pissed that my doctor prescribed this medicine to me. I've been on it for 9 months and ever since, I've had stomach issues and a stiff and painful neck. I've been to all sorts of doctors and spent thousands of dollars trying to figure out what was wrong with me. No one seems to know! All my x-rays and blood tests are normal. I asked my primary doctor if the medicine could be the root of the problem. Her answer was "no" you need to keep taking it. Finally, I dug a little further (the same day I took another dose of my month Boniva) and realized that YES it is the medicine. I would stay far away from this medicine. I can't begin to tell you how mad I am. My quality of life for the past 7 months has been hell. I hope my body returns to normal after stopping Boniva. Read More Read Less