I have used Boniva for three months and so far so good. I tried Actanol and Fosamex with side effects of joint and chest pains. I hope this continues to work for me.

no reslults as of yet told it takes two yrs to shoe a difference

Ann Hawkins | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/4/2023
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

Bad diarrhea and joint pain- I felt great before taking this med but now feel old!

Laura | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
7/11/2022
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

I just realized this morning after being on generic Boniva for 8 months that my problems I am experiencing may be attached to this drug. I have had increased joint and muscle pain through these last months and in the last 2 months, severe hip and thigh pain. I am 61 years old and a former ballerina. I have been doing yoga at least 2 times a week for 40 years and 2 aerobic workouts twice a week too. I also play golf 3 times a week. VERY ACTIVE!! I have felt like I am 100 years old for the last 2 months feeling extremely arthritic plus hip issue. I will IMMEDIATELY stop this medication for at least 3 months as an experiment and report to my doctor. Read More Read Less

Mom/Grandma | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/2/2022
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

I took the generic version of Bonita. I got severe side effects. (severe chills, frozen hands, skin pain, body aches, unable to stand or walk, pain in the eyes when moving eyes up or down and a slight fever) This is ridiculous. I've been living on Tylenol for days. It's been 6 days and I'm still having aches and pains and eye pains. Thank God not as severe as day 1 & 2. I'm never taking this again. I spoke to my doctor and she agrees I won't take it again.

Anita | 0-2 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/4/2022
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

Took my first dosage as prescribed. Within 2 hours my feet and hurt , had tremendous heartburn. Then started diarrhea. Nausea, headache, chill. 3 days I could not leave the house! So weak and fatigued! Call do o and pharmacy! Were not able to offer and time frame for this! I will not take or recommend to to anyone !

Beth O. | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/1/2022
Condition: Post-Menopausal Osteoporosis Prevention

Took it as directed and quickly started having awful nausea and sharp pains in my abdomen. Continued to have vomiting, nausea and gastritis for three weeks. Avoid this medication!!

MissT | 19-24 | Other | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/13/2022
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

Took pill #1 yesterday. Diarrhea started within 30 minutes. Diarrhea by far worse today. Will be calling my doctor tomorrow for an alternative. Wondering if the 1x monthly pill is just too much for my small frame to handle. I'm certainly not going to spend 2 days in the restroom each month!

Kathy | 55-64 | Female | Patient
10/26/2021
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

Took once a month dose yesterday morning. No symptoms until I went to bed. I woke up with chest pain and chills it describes as common side effect. But the pain was pretty bad, it hurt even when I just breath. I had difficulty to move my body. I had to take pain killer. Called my doctor, he suggested to see how it goes and try one more time next month to see if I still have side effects. It has been 48 hours since I took medication, I am still in pain but it's getting better. Hope this goes away soon.Read More Read Less

Benlista | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/31/2021
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

Just started Benlista oral 4 days ago. Have had a side effect every day. Headaches from hell, nausea, dizziness and it's hard to swallow. Never again!!!

Helen Andrychow | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/12/2021
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

Took this medicine 2 days ago and I haven't been out of bed since! There isn't a part if my body that doesn't hurt at this point. I will not be taking this medicine again for any reason. The side effects far out weigh the reward at this point!!!

Anonymous | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/12/2019
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

I can’t say if it is effective. I just took my 3rd dose. If it is anything like the first 2, I will not take it again!

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/11/2019
Condition: Post-Menopausal Osteoporosis Prevention

I have been taking ibandronate for some time now, and it works well for my muscles. I had a bone density scan last year. My doctor told me that my medication was no longer working, she wanted to switch me to Prolia. I had the injection. It created such muscle pain I did not have another but had to wait 6 more months to go back on Ibandronate. I find that although it may not be helping my bones it helps my back muscles. I have extreme muscle fatigue at the end of the cycle. It is just debilitating. So this month, I took my dose 5 days early. This seems to have helped. At least I can stand up straight. Read More Read Less

clsohio | 65-74 | Female | Patient
12/4/2018
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

Third month of taking this medicine and will not be doing it a fourth month! I have been in so much pain since being on this medicine that it is not even funny...hand and joint pain in the fingers and leg cramps galore! Also my hip joints have hurt severely since starting it.

granny | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/9/2018
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

First month I had some of the side effects but not serious. Second month totally different story. Horrible pain, dizziness, vomiting. I will not be taking a third month!

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/12/2018
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

I have just started taking Ibandronate which is generic for Boniva. So far, no side effects. My pharmacist did explain the drug and suggessted I continue taking OsteoBase - a supplement - in addition to the Ibandronate.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/19/2018
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

One pill was more than enough to decide that the side effects were not worth the cure, if that cure actually materializes! After taking one pill my entire body ached, specially my legs, arms and fingers.

Chris | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/31/2018
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

Flu like symptoms - took it for 2 months and decided the side effects are not worth it.

Ditas | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/8/2017
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

HORRIBLE MEDICINE!!!! TAKE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! YOU WILL DIE FROM THE SIDE EFFECTS EVEN BEFORE YOU HAVE OSTEOPOROSIS!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/3/2016
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

I don't care if this helps bone mass. I am a mess! Month 1 felt like I was hit by a truck. Horrible flu like all over excruciating pain. Month 2 and 3 better. This month went to the hospital with disfiguring facial and neck swelling. Was given an epi pen in case of suffocation !!! Never again.

Helen | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/2/2016
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

I have been boniva for 4 weeks, and thankfully have not had ANY negative side effects.

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/22/2016
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

i just took one Boniva pill on april 20th 2016 and the next day I have toe worst pain in my arms, legs and fingers. I have a follow up with my pc doctor on may 12th, I am not taking another pill. I will continue taking my liquid calcumn and my vit d3, but as far as taking the Boniva it is not happening. also my vision is blurred and I can't even drive my car. my husband said enough is enough.