I have used VSL#3 to treat stomach pain due to IBS and have found it very helpful. I do not have the pain when I take the VSL#3. I take 1 pill in the morning, 15 min. before I eat.

after months of GI distress/parasite infection and SIBO. GI doc recommended this, but I think it actually made me worse

S malik | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/8/2022

It sure is better then any other probiotics I have used. Great results so far

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month |
2/23/2019

Had stomach problems for 4 months,took 3 pills in 2 days,all problems gone.

atnaloy | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/7/2018

VSL # 3 It did not work. I got ripped off $106.88.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years |
11/7/2017

Gastroenterology professor prescribed this for intestinal symptoms (lot of pain & bloating). Have been taking it for more than a year and it changed my life. *But* the manufacturers have changed the formula recently, so that 'maltose' (a sugar included in each sachet for the good bacteria feed on) has now become the *main* ingredient rather than the good bacteria being listed first. This means there is now more maltose than anything good. I have noticed bad symptoms returning, and I'm devastated and feeling unwell. Gut health is vital for our overall health and I'm disgusted at the manufacturers for going down the 'cheap & cheerful' route, rather than putting patients' health first. Read More Read Less

Hoser | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
2/27/2017

Wish I knew about this product years ago. Works well.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/14/2016

IBS-D with lots of cramping for several years. After taking VSL3 for about a month, all of the cramping is gone and no more pain. Love this product.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/30/2016

a miracle! I can finally live a somewhat normal life!

dp | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/9/2015

Niki H | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/12/2014

My gastroenterologist gave me some sample packets of this medicine and a card to present to the pharmacist to get refills. I was having horrible stomach cramps and gastro problems and nobody knew what was wrong. They are still trying to find out, but it has helped so much with the cramping and other problems I was having. I am no longer losing 12 pounds in a week, the weight loss has tapered down. This has been nothing short of a miracle. I cannot say enough about these little packets. They are expensive but worth every penny.Read More Read Less

Rachel | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/23/2013

My GI recommended it for gastritis-like symptoms I developed after taking anti-biotics. Two weeks, and I'm back to my old self. Very happy with results.

s0080 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/18/2013

My doctor prescribed VSL#3 for my chronic UTI's and yeast infections. I have tried literally every probiotic I could find. I have tried herbs, medications, etc. Since starting VSL#3 I haven't had one infection. It literally saved my life because I was not responding to antibiotics anymore. I also have bowel issues and it has helped immensely with that too. I would recommend this to anyone.

Grumpy | 65-74 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/1/2013

I have had IBS for many years and VSL has stopped (100%) the cramps and bloating. VSL#3 brought my life back to normal.

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/28/2013

I have used this treatment for a year now to help with my IBS and it has done wonders. I take it twice a day, in the morning and at night. The only downfall is the expensive price, but it is definitely worth every penny.

Relieft | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/14/2012

Suffering 20 years 6 year recessed Ulcerative Colitis, IBD & IBS 2 years of VSL #3 2 pills in the morning 2 sachets 1 for lunch 1 atfer dinner took a while to kick in but after 2 years diagnosed disease freem still have a severe inflamation which acts up peridodically, hard to lower the dosage and stop without the inflamation coming back which is exhausting. Very expensive therapy VSL # 3, the cost is difficult wish the price was affordable.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/17/2012

easy to take, worked in just 3 days to releive symtoms.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
12/10/2011

I am an ulcerative colitis patient who has been in remission for 3 years. My doctor recommended I take VSL#3 and have done so ever since. I have been taking VSL#3 for over 5 years and do believe it is a big part of keeping my colitis under control.

anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/20/2010

VSL#3 was recommended by my doctor for irritable bowel. While it is expensive, I do feel it has helped significantly more than other probiotics I've tried.

happy | 55-64 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient