My cholesterol rose to a high of 235 - LDL's 130 not wanting to take stantins I chose to try cholest Off. After 6 wks. taking two tablets twice a day, taking modifying my diet, eating more fruit and veg, less saturated fat I lost 10 lbs. my cholesterol dropped to 145 and my LDL's to 90. I am continuing the medication trying one tablet twice a day. I have not experienced any side effects. I am v...

j mor | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/11/2022

Wondering if any other females have noticed an increase in ovulation and breast tenderness after starting Cholestoff. If its mimicking cholesterol possibly its increasing my estrogen levels also.

Better health | 19-24 | Male | Patient
2/16/2022

People this is a good medicine but if your having side effects read up on what this medicine is and the effective compounds,which is stanols and sterols you can get this in it’s natural form from plants. Plant sterols and stanols are substances naturally found in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds. The only difference is this medication has a higher concentration of it and Probly has added ingredients

Ethel | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/10/2022

The cholestoff original capsules of the best ones for me and I'm quite sure for other people because the jail bills are too big they cause you to choke and almost die they are terrible so go back to the capsules I've been on them for years with no problem and then you change to the capsules and I'm having nothing but problems with them.

Anne Cyntha | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/3/2022

While this is modestly effective for lowering cholesterol, there are some side effects. At first, I had digestive issues -- loose stools, etc. This cleared up after I adjusted to the supplement. However, after a few weeks of starting it, I noticed that my hair was suddenly dry, noticeably dry, even on humid days in the summer. I wonder if the supplement's ability to pull the cholesterol from my system also impacted the quality of hair growth (which depends on cholesterol too).

Richard | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/11/2022

Heart sped up and increase in palpitations. My heart when taking this was in the 90s all the time. It would also skip a beat and do weird things. There’s a few others that have experienced this too but it seems to be uncommon or rare. My normal pulse is in the low to mid 60s. 40s at night. (I workout and ride) So it wasn’t a small change. It was VERY noticeable. Stopped taking... Within a week I’m back to normal. Watch for this! I’m a 41 year old male with higher cholesterol. (Genetic). I’m 165 and healthy. Read More Read Less

Ghc | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/26/2021

I took this product for two months. I never got tested for how it affected my cholesterol. Unfortunately after 2 months I developed a thick itchy rash on my neck and chest. I had read this was a possible side effect so I stopped taking it and the rash subsided. I will try another non-Pine based formula.

affable | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/10/2020

Stubborn high cholesterol and high triglycerides. Lipitor stopped working and a combination of Lopid and Crestor didn't do much either but then when coupled with Cholestoff Plus, the three lowered it dramatically.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/4/2020

No effect regarding cholesterol numbers.

HMS66 | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/31/2020

Had high bad cholesterol (157). Took two a day and it went down to 137, and my dr chastised me for not taking the therapeutic dosage. So took 4 a day (2x2) and it went down to 117, a number I had not seen in over 5 years. So I think it is great.

Anthony | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/12/2020

Took 3 tabs twice a day of Cholestoff with Metamucil and Citrus Bergamot along with low Cholesterol diet and I went from 250 to 180 in a few weeks

Johnny | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/26/2020

Total cholesterol went down from 301 to 299...Took 4 pills a day for almost one year.

Johninportland | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/2/2020

My cholesterol has been 205 or more for many years. My doctor has been asking me to take a statin but when I did it would cause stomach pain and dizziness. I found cholestoff online and have been taking it for about 2.5 months. My cholesterol numbers have dropped dramatically. Here is an earlier blood test from about 1 yesr ago: 01/14/2019 Non-HDL 174 MG/DL Trigycleride 216 MG/DL HDL 33 MG/DL VLDL 43 MG/DL LDL 131 MG/DL Risk This result is high 6 Ratio (0-5 ) Cholesterol 207 MG/DL Here is my test after 2 weeks on Cholestoff: 10/01/2019 Non-HDL 121 MG/DL Triglycleride 130 MG/DL HDL 36 MG/DL VLDL 26 MG/DL LDL 95 MG/DL Risk 4 Ratio (0-5 ) Cholesterol 157 MG/DL My doctor is very happy with this improvement, but I have not told her yet that I am not taking the statin she prescribed. I get re-tested in a few days and I am expecting her to be quite shocked because my self test cholesterol meter has been showing 100 to 140. I cut my Cholestoff dose down to 1 capsule twice a day. Some days only 1 capsule. The benefit of Cholestoff appears to be cumulative. People who take 4 per day are likely getting too low of cholesterol levels, which can cause symptoms. I would suggest that you buy a cholesterol home test meter. I am telling my relatives to start taking cholestoff.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/21/2019

utterly no impact on cholesterol measures

Sue | 65-74 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/12/2019

Lowered my good cholesterol 7 points, lowered my bad 1 point after taking for 6 months with diet and exercise. I am sorry this did not work for me.

Redsail | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/11/2019

Ijustbegan taking 4 tablets of the original Cholestoff last week. I have developed an itchy red rash on my thighs as was reported by another user. I tend to be allergic so this may be unique to me. I will continue to evaluate as I do not tolerate statins and need to bring my 133 LDL down.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/29/2018

Lowered my total cholesterol by 40 points without exercise and taking only half recommended dose.

Tess789 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/18/2018

I started taking Cholestoff because my Cholesterol numbers were creeping upward to 218, and my LDL was 140...not great. I took this product for a month and my LDL went down to 118, with a total reading of 202, so this product did work...however, as I continued to take Cholestoff, I noticed a horrible itchy rash on my legs and thighs. This continued for a few weeks and was driving my crazy, so on a hunch I stopped taking Cholestoff. Within 3 day’s the rash disappeared and has not returned, as long as I stay off the Cholestoff. When I tried to take it again, I broke out in a rash again, so clearly this product is not for me...I’m now taking a soy based (not pine based) formation, and have remained rash free. Unfortunately the soy formula is not as effective, but it does work, and it’s better than itching to death.Read More Read Less

Sal minneapolis | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/11/2018

It gave me severe pain in my right leg

DiB | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
2/9/2018

Nutritionist recommended this product to me about a decade ago. At the time my cholesterol was around 278. With this supplement, watching diet ie saturated fat, and exercise my numbers came down 64 points in three months and continued to drop. The supplement is just that, you still need to exercise and watch fatty foods as this is not a statin.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/5/2017

Numbers went down 12 points in 4 months. Personally, I need my cholesterol numbers to go down more. I have added a 5 mg of Crestor every other day to see if I can get where I need to be. Maybe, by taking this supplement, I can take less of the statin..every other day. I'll be watching.