I did experience alot of stomach pain and nausea with this medication.

My doctor prescribed this drug-10 tablets two times daily each of 500mg. I did notice any side effect till I consumed the last tablet but since then I am suffering from diarrhea, vomiting, nausea since the last four months. Is there any treatment for this?

Oracle | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/28/2013

Am on my third of five days and am feeling great! I don't think anything else would have been so effective in treating my symptoms. Had dizziness prior to taking the drug so I am unsure if the dizziness is associated with the drug or illness.

Gopal | 55-64 | Male | Patient
12/15/2012

louise | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/9/2011
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

I am 48 hours into taking this for a serious sinus infection. That appears to be better. But I have had diarrhea, vomitting, and mild dizziness. I have lost my appetite.

2/12/2011

I took the zmax one dose strawberry banana flavor. Taste was fine. About three hours later I experienced extreme nausia and diarrhea which lasted all through the night on and off. I also had a slight feverish headache which subsided. I am on day two now and most of these side effects are gone and my throat feels much better! This was at the cost of a miserable night but at least it seems to be working!

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/30/2011
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

Took single oral dose yesterday and had no stomach/gasto problems. However, I am having a fair amount of dizziness today.

SK | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/6/2011
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

Took the one day dose on a Monday and felt SEVERE abdominal pain for the first 3 - 4 hours with increased heart rate (At this point I vowed to never take this medication again), after this it was followed by watery stool. This was the end of any side-effects symptoms, they all ended after 5 hours. The following day (Tuesday) I felt MUCH better. Still a little groggy and tired as the medication is still in your system but my sinus pain decreased dramatically. The medication works VERY fast but was a miserable process for the first few hours. I have difficulty swallowing pills so this was the "happy medium" which was found. Read More Read Less

Stace66 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/5/2011
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

I took it 2 hours after eating dinner. About an hour later, I was experiencing loose stool. I had that a couple of times at night. I did get mild stomach cramps, but nothing severe. Had very dry mouth, but that could be due to not really being able to breathe in my nose. Next day, still have loose stool, but no other symptons.

dpp | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/1/2010
Condition: Pneumonia caused by Bacteria

I took the oral dose on an empty stomach as recommended. After 1 1/2 hrs I vomited voilently for more than an hour. I actually lost conciousness briefly during the vomiting. It has been 3 weeks now and although the pneumonia is much better I am having serious side effects from the medication. I have developed pesistant diarrea stomach bloating and cramping and blood in my stool. I would not recommend this med to anyone due to the harmful side effects!!

Dan the Plumber | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/13/2010
Condition: Pneumonia caused by Bacteria

Had severe vomiting 1.5 hrs. after taking. Vomited for additional 4 hours. I took on empty stomach as doctor recommended. However after the vomiting , I feel somewhat better.

bmarie828 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/27/2010
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

I had a lot of stomach pain--especially within the first several hours along with diarrhea, nausea, and mild dizziness. It's been about 5 days and it has definitely helped my sinus infection, but has left my stomach upset. I have lost my appetite and having occasional stomach cramping. I read the pamphlet and it says it stays in your system for about 10 days, so I assume that's why my stomach still isn't feeling 100%. It's the first 3-4 hours after you take it that the side effects REALLY kick in. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/4/2010

Only about five minutes after taking it, I experienced intense nauseous. It was so bad, I could hardly move. Now, only a few hours later, the nausea is gone, but my throat is even more sore. I hope this works soon.

Diana | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/25/2010
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

3 day dose, on my 2nd day and feel 90% better. Maybe some slight dizziness.

DA1 | 7-12 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/17/2009
Condition: Severe Sinusitis caused by Streptococcus Pneumoniae

IT TOOK TWO DAYS TO WORK BUT FEVER STOPED BY THE FIRST DAY.ITS GREAT!

[email protected] | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/17/2009

It did work with in two days but I did have diarhea with in a couple of hours. Overall it was alot better than having to take a pill three times a day.

Oneofakind | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/13/2009

I suffer from painful cystic acne. I had tried many different antibiotics. My dermatologist prescribed Zmax. THE BEST! Since then The Dr. has prescribed it for reoccurences ( which have lessen dramatically) WORKS MIRACLES- almost no scarring!

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/10/2008
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

Severe stomach cramps and diarhea, in addition, after several days my sinus symptoms have returned.

Anonymous |
11/5/2008
Condition: Pneumonia caused by the Bacteria Chlamydia

Lots of stomach pain, it was very uncomfortable but it did subside. Having to take it only once was nice. Especially knowing that it was just as effective as the z-pack.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/6/2008
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

Definitely helped within the two-day period as described. A little dizziness but nothing to be worried about. Good to have something like to knock it out so quick

3/30/2008
Condition: Pneumonia caused by Bacteria

It was nice to only have to take it once and not worry about it again; however, I did experience a lot of nausea and headache (and some dizziness) with this medication.

3/19/2008
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

I did experience alot of stomach pain and nausea with this medication.