I take 100mg of Topamax for migraine headaches. Topamax causes me not to eat. That is one of it's side effects. So they put me on Megace ES. I only take 20ml. I have been taking if for about 2 months. I eat 3 good meals a day. I have a good appetite. I have picked up to my natural weight and have stayed their.

THE COST OF THIS MEDICATION IS OBCENE!!!! $1365.00 FOR 10 OZ. NO WONDER OUR HEALTH CARE SYSTEM IS IN SUCH SHAMBLES. THERE SHOULD BE A LAW THAT REQUIRES PATIENTS BE ADVISED OF THE COST OF THIS MEDICATION WHEN PURCHASED. OLDER PEOPLE AND PEOPLE DESPERATE FOR HELP AND OVERLY STRESSED CARE TAKERS ARE TARGETS FOR RX COMPANY GREED. MY FATHER PICKED THIS MEDICATION UP AND PAID HIS 35 CO-PAY. THEN G...

Judy | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/31/2014

It has a nasty taste! Even after brushing teeth.

Anonymous |
8/23/2013

This is a horrible drug that has caused slurred speech, weakness, fatigue...Medical Science needs to get to the root of medical problems not just treat symptons.

SPACE 1 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/1/2012

I just started taking this medication due to my gall bladder being remove which cause weight loss. I have been taking it for about a week and I can feel the pounds coming on...not sure how much I have gained but my clothes are fitting a lot better now. Sure it cost but it is worth it if you want to get back that strong size 8. One more thing you will be eating up everything in site day and nite nite and day all thur the day ......

jeff | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/24/2012

from 79 pounds to 101 pounds in 3 + months

falenmichael | 75 or over | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Caregiver
4/28/2012

mother diagnosed wit divericulitis and blood clots but the megestrol has been a life saver,does she need to stop taking the megestrol? can it cause further blood clotting?