I am pregnant and have had horrible headaches everyday for a month my Dr. gave me this today and within half an hour of taking it my horrible headache is long gone. I am very dizzy but its better than the pain I was in.

Rosemarie Ruch | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/30/2011

not as good as imitrex

emiller | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/2/2011

This is the only migraine medication I have found that works consistently and does not cause me to have extreme side effects.

5/16/2009

This medication is effective in treating Migraine/Tension HA however I get really bad anxiety and it makes you sweat. I took two pills upon onset then one pill an hour after that with relief. This medicine is effective, I just don't like the side effect of anxiety and I am not an anxious person.

KWONDER | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/6/2009

Anonymous |
1/25/2009

very shaky, nauseated, dry mouth,

Deni | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/5/2008

This is the BEST migraine medicine out there....works great on tension headaches too

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | Patient
10/16/2008

nothing worked for my headaches until I took this. It's for both tension headaches & migraines. I love it

10/15/2008

I took this after 2 days of headaches. The first one I took in the morning and within an hour my headache was within the "I can handle this stage.", but within a couple hours it was back, I took a second dose and it only made my head ache worse than before. I do not believe I will be taking this again.

duke | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/15/2008

i took migraten at the onset of my migraine, and after 30 minutes of taking it my head became worse...so I took the second one recomended and then my migraine progressed very rapidly and very painful. I had to take imitrex to stop the progression. Migraten offered no relief at all, just made it worse.

Donna P | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/23/2008

I was prescribed Migraten when I developed migraines associated with pre-menopause. I had previously tried several other drugs, but to no avail. Migraten releived the pain with no side effects. Most of the other meds had made me drowsy or had no pain relief. I always make sure I have this medication with me at all times - it works great!

SR7170 | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/1/2008

I was put on this medication for migraines after amidirin was recalled and found it to not work very well. I also have had a number of side effects like swelling and vomiting. Not happy at all with this med.

5/6/2008

My OB/GYN gave me a sample of this medicine for a severe PMS migrain that I had for 3 days. It did help take away the migrain, but it made me extremely anxtious. I did take it with food, but 4 hours late I threw up. I don't know if this was a side effect or not or just what I had for dinner. Next time I will only take one the first time instead of the prescribed 2 at first and 1 every hour after until the headache is gone.

[email protected] | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/25/2008

I was taking this for a cluster migraine that started in my eyes that I had for 3 days. It eased up some but not like I thought it should. I was very disappointed in the effects. Just watch out what other medications you are on as this medication has it's limits. I would not recommend it for really severe migraines.

Baby J | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/18/2007

Today, November 17, 2007, is the first time that I have taken this medication, MigraTen. The PA in my Doctors' office had given it to me and mentioned that this is a new migraine medication that he thought I should use to see if it works any better than the medication that was previously prescribed to me. So I used it because I thought to myself "Why not"? This was a BIG MISTAKE!!! After reading all of the possible side affects it has I believe that I have had one of the many side effects that is mentioned. I have noticed that my feet, legs, hand has gotten really swollen. I suspect that this is one of the many side effects that is possible to have. It has mentioned that one of the rare side effects is 'Inflammation of Skin caused by an Allergy'. It is very uncomfortable and itchy. I have taken an OTC allergy medication to try to reverse the reaction. I hope that if there is anyone else out there who does need this type of medication has a better experience with it than I did. Good Luck and I hope that all is well for everyone!! Thank you!!Read More Read Less