I ahve chronic constipation because of IBS since I was 20 years old and I am now 41. I have tried everything offered to me to remedy this problem. Nothing has ever worked like Amitiza has. Finally, I have relief and an answer.

upset stomach headache lose bowl swollen legs and feet sleepiness

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/15/2020
Condition: Chronic Difficulty having a Bowel Movement

Immediately felt stick after taking this pill...nausea, headache, depressed and just overall felt bad. I've taken it for 3 days and still no results.

Nanimyu | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/23/2015
Condition: Chronic Difficulty having a Bowel Movement

This worked really well restroom wise. But it caused me to not be able to breathe for a while. Ended up switching to linzess because I thought it was an allergy. It's a scary thing when you can't breathe. Linzess doesn't work nicely bathroom wise. I highly recommend this product anyway because not everyone reacts to medicine the same. It made bathroom time pure cathartic.

kirk | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/18/2015

upset stomach headache lose bowl swollen legs and feet sleepiness

shadow | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/8/2012
Condition: Chronic Difficulty having a Bowel Movement

I take 2 pills per day (24MCG). Got stomack cramps,bloating and general discomfort.Didn't try it long enough to see if it really worked.I Stopped using it, I had to be homebound.

jackie | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/5/2011
Condition: Chronic Difficulty having a Bowel Movement

I am a 57 year old female in fairly good physical shape; however, I've had constipation issues all my life. I've been taking this for about 2 yrs and have been very satisfied with it. I do take it with Colace 2x per day. I tried once per day but with minimal results. I've always had gas problems so I cannot address whether this has increased or decreased with use of Amitiza (I take 24mcg 2x per day). Patiently waiting for generic as Amitiza is quite expensive even with my insurance.