VonnieV | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/22/2014
Condition: Cold Symptoms

It does what's it required with ease, but I've been experiencing the side effects stated on this article. The nausea is unbearable, as is the sleepleness. I wouldn't recommend this unless you are REALLY, REALLY sick and are okay with dealing with lack of sleep and feeling like you're going to throw up at any time.

gabba-hey | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/21/2013
Condition: Cold Symptoms

As a long time user of Dayquil (mostly the store-brand generic versions), I tried the generic Tylenol Cold-Flu Severe on a whim. It worked better than I expected. I used up the bottle over the span of 3-4 months. I recently had the need for it again, and my local supermarket didn't have the generic, but did have the brand name product (Tylenol Cold-Flu Severe), which I tried. Over the span of about 8 hours, I started itching in random spots across my body (belly, waist line, legs), with no rhyme or reason to what was causing the itching. It persisted for about 3 days, which the itching developed into what looked like raised bug bites (like mosquito bites). I came to the conclusion that it was the Tylenol causing this, so I stopped taking it. I started taking a generic allergy pill (loratadine), which seemed to help, the itching went away, but the bumps receded but still remained. By this time, my cold symptoms were gone anyway, so I moved on and forgot about it. A few weeks later, I got a bad cold, so I thought that I would try the brand name again, and sure enough, the itching and bumps came back, in different places this time (lower legs, and tops of my feet). I am befuddled as to why I had no reaction to the generic, but am apparently allergic to the brand name product, I really like that it works and does what it is supposed to, but I really don't like this side effect.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/3/2013
Condition: Flu-Like Symptoms

This medication gives great temporary relief of symptoms but as all medication made me tired too. I still recommend as it did help.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient