I have been giving thid medicine to my 2 yr old daughter and it knocks her out. I think it may also upset her stomach. She gets horrible gas throughout the night after she gets thew med.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
11/13/2010
Condition: Cold Symptoms

The thing with this medication is to use only when needed. Not for a full course. This is why the doctor prescribes small amounts. I used it on my kids when they were infants in the past I didn't notice any adverse reactions. The benefits outwieghed the potential risk of side effects when I had miserable sick babies in the middle of the night. Everyone is different but their ped has been using this for a long time and she is very against meds for ages under 12 but she was ok with this so it can't be that bad. Always talk to your doctor first besides you will need a prescription.

aperki | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Caregiver
5/29/2010
Condition: Cold Symptoms

My doctor prescribed this for my 7-9 month old baby. We are not sure of the damaged it could have done if any, but her new doctors said he should not have prescribed at such a young age.

Sheila | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Caregiver
5/4/2010
Condition: Cold Symptoms

I only use this medication at night when my daughter (she is now 5) has severe coughing and congestion due to sinus infection, colds or others related, and it helps her a lot. It controls her cough and let her, at least, sleep 5-6 hours in a row without coughing and then she can rest, which is very important whenever they are sick. No side effects, she likes the flavor, and I feel I am helping her during this tough time.

caddylover2003 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/19/2010
Condition: Cold Symptoms

My 4 month old was prescribed this by his pediatrician. However, after his symptoms continued, we took him to Children's Hospital. The ER doctor took the C-phen from us and told us it never should have been prescribed for him because it is ineffective and has terrible side effects. Luckily he only had it for a week but we were pissed to find this out.

California Father | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
3/2/2010
Condition: Cold Symptoms

Doctor prescribed 1.25ml every six hours for cough. My daughter is 2 1/2 years old and has bronchitis. Her coughing fits have caused her to be on the brink of vomiting. She doesn't seem to be getting worse, although she hasn't improved any with this medicine. The first night we gave it to her, she was a MONSTER. It was supposed to make her drowsy, instead it turned her into this loopy, energized zombie that was bent on destroying our house and refused to sit still. Two days later she doesnt seem to have any side effects.