I've been on Loestrin 24 for a while and have had no negative side effects at all! I didn't have any breakthrouh bleeding and my period is super light now! My cup sized increased from a 34B to a 34C in the first 2 weeks on the pill (yay!) and I haven't had ANY of the PMS symptoms I used to. I was one of those girls that missed at least one day of school a month because of cramps, but I've never fe...

My doctor switched me to this birth control from Othro Tri Cyclen because he thought it would be better for me. I have high blood pressure following the birth of my daughter and he though a low estrogen pill would be safer. He told me that I would probably not get my period of this pill because a lot of women don't. Unfortunately, this pill failed the very first month I was on it. We are now p...

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/13/2021
Condition: Endometriosis

This is my experience with taking Loestrin Fe, please remember that medicine reacts to everyone differently. I am just sharing why I am not satisfied with this birth control. I was given this BC to help with my endometriosis. I have serve cramps and migraines on the week of my period as well. My drs plan was to stopped the period all together so he prescribed me this and told me to skip the placebo pills and just continue to take them. I have had lots of negative side effects with many other forms of BC. After switching from a pill I was hiving up from I had high hopes for Loestrin Fe. Within the first few weeks I notice extreme side effects. Since I was switching birth controls again I knew my body was probably out of wack so I decided to stick it out for the recommended amount of time (6 months). That was a mistake. I have experienced extreme moody ness and irritable, to the point I get mad if someone breathes the wrong way, along with irritability I was becoming depressed and fatigued. I no longer had any sort of sex drive, I experienced slight hair loss, my appetite has increased to the point I was always hungry resulting in a pretty big weight gain. The biggest thing I hate from this pill other than all those side effects is my anxiety had become unbearable. With the pandemic happening in 2020 I chalked a lot of these side effects up to the very stressful year. Since coming off the pill I can now say it was from the pill. My appetite has returned to normal, I have more patience, my sex drive has begin to increase again and the biggest one my anxiety return to a state where it is was before starting the pill. I would rather deal with the migraines and the cramps every month and to feel more like myself then to take this pill and be a moodier, heavier, meaner version of myself. It’s been a breath of fresh air seeing my happier self return.

Elle | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/30/2020
Condition: Acne

Started taking Loestrin for acne and within three months my acne was the worst it has ever been. Not to mention my horrible moodswings! I'm on Yasmin now and I couldn't be happier.

NV | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/23/2020

My doctor started me on this medication after months of terrible pain coinciding with ovulation along with typical cramping during my pd which had worsened those same months. So I was dealing with horrible various pain basically every 2 weeks. There was a little break through bleeding likes is mentioned by others but overall my body adjusted pretty well after 2-3 months. Lighter periods and no more pain!....or if any occurs it's very mild and not interfering with my daily activities. One incredible benefit that was unexpected was a huge decrease in anxiety. I had been dealing with terrible anxiety for several months. It almost vanished several weeks after starting this medication. Right now my only complaint would be decrease in libido. It's possible it's unrelated to the medication but I will address it with my doctor if it doesn't improve in the next couple of months. Overall I highly recommend this medication especially if you're experiencing pain like I was.

drugreviewburnername | 19-24 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/30/2019
Condition: Painful Periods

I took this medication before for a few years and felt SUPER fatigued the entire time. I thought it was just stress from school/life at the time though. I stopped taking for almost a year because my prescription ran out and I wasn't having sex with cis men. My periods got really heavy and awful so I started taking it again (like bleeding onto sheets at night bad). Fatigue returned and I realized this was causing it. Like I hit the car in front of me because I fell asleep for a moment while driving - out of nowhere. So I stopped taking it. I guess I can deal with heavy bleeding and cramps. I'd recommend if you have the problems I had you should just not sleep with people who's sperm works. 5 stars for effectiveness since I didn't get pregnant. 5 stars for ease of use cause...it's a pill....1 star for satisfaction to even things out.

SMB8120 | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/30/2019

I was prescribed Lo Loestrin to help with the mood swings I was having on other birth control. I was doing ok until the end of month 2. I woke up in the middle of the night with the worst pain in my uterus area that I have ever felt. At first, it felt kinda like I needed to use the bathroom (#2) but that didnâ??t change anything. When I was walking to the couch, I was in so much pain that my legs became numb and I could feel them starting to buckle underneath me. I had to lay down on the couch so I wouldnâ??t pass out. I was white all over and I had to scream for my boyfriend to come to me. Heâ??s an ER nurse and immediately told me there was something wrong with me bc my heart rate was crazy and I was sweating all over. After about 15 mins of extreme pain and using a heating pad on high, the pain subsided like it was never there. I continued to have the pain every night for the next 5 days at the same time each night. I would not compare the pain to period cramps. It was more of a muscle spasm. I could feel it coming on and knew that I needed to get my heating pad ready so I could have it super hot by the time the pain reached its worst. Every episode only lasted about 15 mins and then I would be back to normal. After bleeding the whole 3rd month, I switched to a birth control with a little bit more hormones in it and have not had the pain since. Everyone has a different experience on this med, but I wanted to share my experience and I hope it is helpful for some.