Emsam has worked where all other antidepressents have failed - 9mg. I've been down the whole list. One side effect has been an allergic reaction at the point of application. Local itching and redness under the patch and if left for the prescribed 24 hour period - blistering and skin seperation. I need the medication so I do the following. I move the patch to a new location - tape it down with p...

Shrink told me to do research on emsam patch. SO I called my pharmacist and she told me it would interact with Cymbalta, which I am taking, Dr knows that and I can't get off Cymbalta. Second there are diet restiction. No cheese, bananna, avocada, wine, beer and no coffee. Pharmacist said she was surprised Dr did't tell me the Cymbalta interaction or the diet restrictions..SO can't use Ensam. gosh ...

howdy | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/23/2020
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I have short bowel syndrome, the oral meds did not work as they were not absorbed and made me nauseated. It took 3 1/2 years to finally get on this patch. It has changed my day to day life for the best!

Dan | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/16/2019
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

Currently on Emsam 6mg Such an amazing medication. Feel like myself, tons of energy, very social, and confident. Been on almost every SSRI and loads of other psych meds that have never worked. The lowest dose of 6mg allows me to eat whatever I want (that I'm not supposed to) not worry about having a hypertensive crisis. I take 200 mg of 5htp (the direct precursor to serotonin) a day, too. Never had any adverse reactions. Feel great and love life!

EMSAM users beware | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years |
12/25/2018
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

EMSAM patch. Horrible side effects of paranoia, mania, aggression,can't sleep for days, and still depressed all the time. Ultimately cost me a marriage. Doesn't cause as many migraines as other anti-depressants but side effects are worse than the disease. This was the second attempt to use this medicine.

Eric | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/5/2018
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I have been on Emsam transdermsl 6mg for two weeks now. I have noticed more energy, a little more motivation to exercise and take care of stuff that I usually just avoid, so maybe it is starting to work. No problems with the patch itself so far. I have read that it is not truly effective as an antidepressant until you get to 9 or 12 mg. Have others found this to be true? I think I will need to increase the dosage. My only concern is an increase in stimulant kinds of side effects. I'm having trouble sleeping and I'm finding that I'm irritable and occasionally uncharacteristically angry. I know it's only been a couple of weeks so I'm hoping those side effects will go away or at least lessen or even out. But I would appreciate any input about the robustness of 9/12mg compared to 6mg. Thanks.

Tambam | 45-54 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/10/2017
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

This has saved my life, my only compliants are sleeplessness and low sex drive. But, otherwise am very satisfied with it. I am on 9mg but have been upgraded to 12mg. Not sure of the difference this will make.