When I get a sinus infection that the more common anti-biotics won't get rid of, this will every time.

I was given Vantin for an upper respiratory infection and severe sore throat. I have taken 7 days worth and my throat is worse, rather than better. Now my ears hurt as well.

TDT1970 | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/12/2020
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

I have taken just about every med available for recurrent UTI so was happy to try a new one that my body was not immune to. On the 3rd day of taking Vantin I developed severe nausea. Lasted from about 5pm - 3:30am. Non-stop. Recovered the next day but didn�t take medicine because my stomach was still fragile. The next day I took the medicine and again came the nausea - all night. Torturous. I�m not 100% it was the Vantin but it was the only new thing I had introduced to my body and I only had nausea the days I took the medicine but it didn�t begin until the 3rd day of taking medicine. My UTI feels like it�s gone, but that�s typical after a few days of any med. Not taking Vantin anymore. Will call doctor for a sub to finish treatment.

2puppylove | 45-54 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/10/2016
Condition: Acute Inflammation of the Maxillary Sinus

After using Levaquin, Augmentin and Amoxycillin, Vantin is the only med my dr. now prescribes. Within 3 days I feel almost normal. Important to take the med for full term prescribed. No side effects whatever.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/14/2014
Condition: Bronchitis caused by the Bacteria Streptococcus Pneumoniae

I am allergic to most antibiotics and was grateful when Vantin oral was made available to me. I have not recovered as quickly as expected and have had abdominal upset but it is slowly working. I am on day 9 of the 10 allowable so don't know what happens next but I at least know there is one drug out there that I can take.

Big Red Vette | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/9/2013
Condition: Acute Inflammation of the Maxillary Sinus

ENT PRESCRIBED THIS MED FOR SINUS INFECTION,, AFTER BEING ADVISED I SUFFER FROM SEVERE ULCERATIVE COLITIS. IN LESS THAN 36 HRS, I BEGAN SUFFERING THE TYPICAL BLOODY STOOL, ETC. STOPPED MED, BUT HAVE BEEN TREATING UC FLARE FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS. IF YOU ARE A UC SUFFERER, DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG.

Russ | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/22/2012
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection due to E. Coli Bacteria

I had a UTI and was given 10 pills, (one a day for 10 days)After just 2 pills, the UTI cleared up. I continued taking the full complement of pills and the UTI has not returned.