bad

Tayab |
5/17/2021

I have not used this medicine. I learned from a website that Captopril can help in weight loss. Have anyone weight loss experience with Captopril.

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/25/2014
Condition: Failure of the Left Ventricle of the Heart
Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/22/2012
James | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
11/27/2012
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I was prescribed this medicine 20 years ago and used the name brand Capoten . I also take Thyroid replacement meds . Thyroid Gland regulates blood pressure. In the past the pharmacy has filled with generic form Captopril by mistake so I tried it and 1st I noticed the side effects (red face and red eyes were missing, when I took it) at first I liked that, but after few days noticed my pressure was high ! Found out it was not working, so went back and got Capoten ,problem solved . Well solved until Capoten became unavailable few years ago. I had to have the dose doubled 25 mg to make the Captopril effective but did not do as good as Capoten despite what the pharmacist tells you . Have had some high pressure readings of 160/105 so dosage prescribed went up 50 mg , now 100mg a day . Most times pressure stays the same after taking it , and at the most it will bring it down 10 points . Possible that i've become resistant to it or need additional meds . Captopril is the active ingredient in Capoten but my personal experience is why I don't like Captopril . I like the low cost but would gladly pay the 60 bucks for the name brand based on what i've seen . Everybody is differant but wanted to share my experience .

linmeyer | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/9/2011
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Ive been on captopril for 6 months along with nadolol for for blood pressure and migraines I was on diovan before but made me gain to much weight 45 lbs,after i started taking captopril I lost weight like crazy a pound a day,now I can eat anything I want and dont gain anything,something in the pill works on the fat cell receptors ,androgen2 is what the chemical is that causes the fat cells not to duplicate.so just for that Ill take this nmed but not everyone has the results I do.so I take captopril and nadolol,and im happy :)