im bi-polar, this is the only drug that has ever worked for me its a lifesaver my dr says i have the worst insomnia hes ever seen, he been a dr for 59 yrs but i must take it longterm im on year #4 and doin great on it i take 30mg q hs

Not much help at all. Leaves me with a hung over feeling the next day.

no sleep ptsd | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/18/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I took one pill and after an hour fell asleep for about 3 hours. Took another pill and nothing after laying down for 2 more hours .Going on 72 hours with 3 hours of sleep total.

Liquidems | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/8/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I’ve tried many many sleeping medications and 30mg of restoril seems to be where it’s at tho…. Every once n a while I still have trouble sleeping but for the most part it’s very effective!!

Sleepless in Cleveland | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/29/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I have chronic insomnia & I have tried so many meds. I still don’t get but about 3 nights of sleep a week taking 15 mags. My dr wanted me to go up to 30 but my system just couldn’t tolerate it. I would love to take a more natural sleep aid with less side effects. So far none have worked for me.

SleeplessInArizona | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/28/2020
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Restoril doesn't work at all. Awful. Zero stars.

la_phoenix2 6zfsxv | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/29/2019
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I just took it for the first time after not sleeping for 2 days. I slept violently, woke frequently with my heart racing, and had severe leg cramps. I refuse to take it again.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/9/2019
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

It's a life saver ,however I am finding I need a nap everyday too. That might not be related. I can skip some nights ,but no more than 1 at a time. I have been on it for about 3 months.

Anonymous | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
3/8/2019

I'm a close friend of an elderly gentleman who took this pill for the first time this morning and experienced HORRIBLE hallucinations! Awful drug. Would not recommend.

eann | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
12/12/2017
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Have had insomnia for years. took many over the counter and Rx meds, and finally got Restoril. it helps, i sleep and my anxiety is greatly reduced. it's very effective even though i have been taking it more than 10 years. I am older and cannot sleep without the restoril.

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/29/2016
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I have not been able to get a full night's sleep in many years. After taking numerous prescription sleep aids I decided to go off all of these medications. I now take a Tylenol PM about 1/2 hr before bed and sit and sip on a cup of hot Sleepy Time tea. No side effects and most nights only get up maybe once to hit the bathroom and then go back to bed and go to sleep. For many years once my feet hit the floor I was up for the rest of the night. Nice to feel rested when I get up with no groggy side effects. I'm not a great pill pusher and have managed on this for over a year.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/4/2016
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I took Restoril once. I slept for three hours, then woke up. While walking down the hallway, I lost my balance quite suddenly, then fell and hit my head. I never took a second dose.

cgray | 55-64 | Female | Patient
3/6/2016
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I wake with a head ach, dark eye circles and agitated. The 6-8 hour sleep is not worth the side effects.

JVR | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/2/2016
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

One pill not enough. Two pills too much.

Ggrimes | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/2/2015
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I've had trouble sleeping for the past few months. I got temazepan 15's and 1 pill before bedtime worked fine. Then shortly 1 pill wasn't doing anything so I took 2. After a bottle it wasn't working so I bumped up to the 30 mg. that worked a few days but now it's taking 3-4 30mg to knock me out. I sleep deeply for about 6 hours but then any sound immediately wakes me up and that's it. I'm up til the next night. Is this normal?

TGirl | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/30/2015
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

My doctor told me Restoril will work only if I take it once every couple of weeks. It is apparently made so that it works for short term use. If you take it every night, it quits being effective for sleep. I have heard the same about Dramamine. Still it is nice to have for occasional use. I use Lunesta most nights, and use Restoril for a change once every couple of weeks.

delta706 | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/12/2015
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I was suffering from depression and anxiety and my doctor prescribed Restoril. It has worked great with not side effects.

Jstar | 65-74 | Female | Patient
12/27/2014

My doctor only gives me 20 pills a year to help with sleeping on out-of-town trips, usually 1-2 nights less than monthly. I occsionally use one if I have trouble falling asleep at home, which is rare. They have always worked well for me except for the occasional mild headache. I took one Christmas night 2014, though, and have been groggy and sleepy for two full days. I'm hoping I will be back to normal tomorrow. My edlery mother takes this brand nightly and has complained for years about being fuzzy-headed, tired, and sleepy, never knwoing why. Now I suspect it is terazepam. I will be checking with my doctor.Read More Read Less

Jbennett24 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/13/2014
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I have insomnia ive tried ambien 10mg and it helped for a little while maybe a few months then completely stopped working out of no where and he's tried me on klonpin that didnt work either. My doctor put me on Restoril 30mg and it doesnt do a thing for me i even tried taking 2 of the 30mg capsules and still have gotten no result and 30mg is the highest dosage. Can anyone Make a suggestion on another sleeping pill.

Anonymous | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/18/2014
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Had been on Ambien for years but lately had given me only 2 hrs sleep at best. Have been on 15 mg Restoril for 3 nights & whilst it gives me about 5-6 hrs sleep, I feel drugged out all day & could go back to sleep. Wish there was a lower dose. Any suggestions?

useright | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/12/2014

I am bi-polar and take medication. I was given Restoril for panic disorder-ON LABLE. I am coming off of it because of side effects. every consumer needs to question their doctor, this drug should not be given for sleep;it is too dangerous especially for older people. It should only be used for 30 days. Why is it being used Off Label?

Meaningfulc1952 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/11/2014
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

This sleep medicine has helped me more than I had expected. I would rate it as a #10 with 10 being the best sleep medicine.