I have had several surgeries (both knees replaced, hip replaced,shoulders with bone chips & calcium deposits) and suffer from arthritis of the joints. Several times I caught up in the addition of narcotics for both pain & pleasure. What have significantly helped me was a mix of percoset and methadose. I no longer have the desire to over-medicate and it takes some of constant pain away. This combin...

does not work for pain

EscalationRed | 35-44 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/25/2020
Condition: Narcotic Addiction

Since changing from the old Methadone to this the supposed 24 effectiveness has never once been attained. Most of the time I take my does at 10am and the effect is entirely gone plunging me into withdrawal anywhere from 3:30am to 5am. That's 19 to 17.5 hours of coverage from this drug. Not good enough.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
7/29/2015
Condition: Narcotic Addiction

Methdaone is a great alternative to opiates of any kind. It is a lot less expensive and no stress of where will I get my next prescription. Clinics will prescribe higher doses that pain doctors but clinics have strict rules about using anything else with the methadone that is not prescribed. Example - if you take ANY benzo. (Xanax, valium, etc.) the clinic will drop your dose way way down and make you report every day (even if it is a first offense and you have been faithful for 12 years!). So be careful, and know the rules and repercussions for breaking the rules. Otherwise, methadone has saved my life - 100%. You may not get super high but you will not get withdrawal sick or broke!

bluesman | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/1/2014
Condition: Narcotic Addiction

sore throat/ doesn't last the required 24 hrs.

dugout | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/22/2014
Condition: Chronic Pain

After my back surgery, I got much worse with constant pain and Sciatica. For ten years I suffered, lost all form of a life. Tried every drug to get relief. My DR. wanted to put in a morphine pump or a spinal cord stimulator and told me he could do no more for me. I wanted to DIE, and I mean it. Went to one more DR. She asked if I tried Methadone. Within two weeks I was riding my bike. That Doctor and that drug gave me my life back. I bought another boat and am out almost every day, I still hurt sometimes when I really overdo it but it's tolerable. I just wish the DEA would keep there UNEDUCATED decisions out of good Americans Business. !

Pain | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/26/2013
Condition: Severe Pain

The 40 Mg. Dispersable tabs should still be used for chronic pain.