What are good ways to manage stress?
To help cope with stress:
- Exercise regularly. Ask for help.
- Take responsibility. Keep up your self-esteem.
- Try to solve problems that cause stress.
- Accept that there are things you can't control.
- Share your feelings without becoming angry, combative, or passive.
- Maintain emotionally supportive relationships.
- Challenge negative thoughts.
- Distance yourself from stress triggers, if possible.
- Learn to relax.
- Eat healthfully.
- Don't smoke or abuse alcohol or other drugs.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.