How do I protect my eyes after laser eye surgery?
- Try not to get water in your eyes: showers, baths, tap water, pools, whirlpools, saunas, etc.
- Be careful with products like soap, hair spray, shaving lotion, and eye makeup.
- Wear the eye shield/goggles the doctor gave you while you sleep and then eye protection during exercise and sports.
- Avoid dirty and dusty environments.
- Wear sunglasses because bright sunshine may cause scarring.
- Get your doctor's approval before you drive.
- Don't rub your eyes for at least a month.
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.