Call 911 if the person:
1. Lower Body Temperature
- Get the person out of the heat and into a cool environment.
- If air-conditioning is not available, fan the person.
- Spray the person with a garden hose, get them into a cool shower or bath, apply cool compresses, or give the person a cool sponge bath.
- Give cool, nonalcoholic and non-caffeinated beverages as long as the person is alert.
- Have the person avoid physical activity for the rest of the day.
4. See a Health Care Provider
- Symptoms get worse or last more than an hour
- The person is nauseated or vomiting