Heat rash in young children can look uncomfortable, but it's usually not serious.
Call Doctor If:
1. Treat Symptoms
- Give your child a cool bath.
- Put your child in an air conditioned room, or position a fan so that a gentle breeze blows over them.
- Avoid creams or ointments that may irritate the skin.
2. Dress for the Heat
- Dress your child in soft, lightweight, cotton clothing to help absorb moisture.
3. Keep Your Child Hydrated
- Make sure your child is getting enough fluids when the weather is hot.
- Your child should hydrate before and during prolonged outdoor activity.
- Your child should take frequent breaks from intense exercise when the weather is hot.