Call 911 if you have:
Seek emergency help if you have:
1. Monitor Bleeding
- Put on a sanitary pad or panty liner to keep track of the amount of bleeding.
2. Prevent Further Bleeding
3. Get Help
- Call your health care provider immediately to find out if you should go the hospital or doctor’s office.
- Tell the doctor or hospital staff if you have heavy bleeding, abdominal pain, cramping, fever, chills, or contractions, or if you feel lightheaded or faint.
- Put any tissue passed from the vagina into a clean container. Give it to your doctor for examination.
- A health care provider will examine you for signs of dangerous blood loss and may do tests to confirm the health of your pregnancy.