When should you call a doctor about iron poisoning?
If you suspect your child has accidentally swallowed iron tablets, call your doctor or poison control center immediately. You can contact the American Association of Poison Control Centers 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-800-222-1222.
- Do not attempt to induce vomiting, either manually or with syrup of ipecac. This will make it more difficult to assess whether your child is truly iron toxic.
- Bring the medicine containers along with you to the hospital.
From: Iron Poisoning WebMD Medical Reference
THIS TOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the WebMD Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
This tool does not provide medical advice. See additional information.