- Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Bring one knee to your chest, keeping the other foot flat on the floor (or the other leg straight, whichever feels better on your lower back). Keep your lower back pressed to the floor. Hold for at least 15 to 30 seconds.
- Relax and lower the knee to the starting position. Repeat with the other leg.
- Repeat 2 to 4 times with each leg.
- To get more stretch, put your other leg flat on the floor while pulling your knee to your chest.
Primary Medical ReviewerWilliam H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine
Specialist Medical ReviewerJoan Rigg, PT, OCS - Physical Therapy
Current as ofMay 22, 2015